Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oldjeep

Bakes T-top bimini

oldjeep

Anyone have bakes t-top bimini?   Wife wants a top this year and I've got a choice of the standard and T-top.    I like the looks of the t-top and think it looks like it would be more stable at high speeds than the regular style.

granddaddy55

Looked for it on bakes, what’s a t top

ahopkinsVTX

I love dealing with Bake’s, but I’m not sure I would want a bimini that only goes back from the tower. It’s nto going to provide that much shade and I think that looks super weird. 

Have you tried contacting commercial sewing? They were very quick and helpful when quoting a bimini for our TXi. 

oldjeep

Commercial sewing only sells through dealers, or so their website says.  Not a big fan of the way their bi fold looks and i cant use a slider since I need to be able to drop it to windshield height to get it in the garage. 

John I.

I’m not that familiar with the G3, but how about http://towerbiminis.com ?

wdr

I replaced my OEM CS extended T top Bimini canvas through towerbiminis.com. A very well constructed piece that will see double the life of the original CS piece. I can’t speak to their frame construction, but the canvas was outstanding. IIWM, I would buy the bigger 75” Bimini instead of the smaller one shown in the link.

oldjeep
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, John I. said:

I’m not that familiar with the G3, but how about http://towerbiminis.com ?

Looking at their pictures, that one wouldn't work for me due to how far it sticks out when it is folded up.  Need something that folds up like the bakes top 

Edited by oldjeep

oldjeep

Just for reference, here are pictures of all the ones being discussed.  The main thing for me is that it cannot have a bunch of stuff sticking out the back when folded, I need it to not extend past the tow hoop (garage style) for it to fit in the garage.  All these pics are of boats with the standard tow hoop.

Bakes Full Top

66809107_bakesFull.jpg.a82ac71067d83ac8012b54bacf7d7d4c.jpg

Bakes full folded

1491923451_bakesFullFolded.thumb.jpg.ff5b1f48bf10be12e9c4e9e05b491207.jpg

Bakes T-Top

BakesT-Top.jpg.5cb3bfde1d8a5b9f46480dd292b3f128.jpg

T-Top folded

BakesT-TopFolded.jpg.bb5835c35c81a708850755bfc8bcf212.jpg

Tower Bimini folded

TowerBiminiFolded.thumb.jpg.e1f11bab62df4072ea5bbfbdb441884e.jpg

Commerical Sewing folded

CommercialSewingFolded.jpg.d3ec69183e477fcb4d9a6a7ab5502419.jpg

ahopkinsVTX

If you need it to go under the tower when folded then I’d for sure go with the Bake’s full top. That extra foot or so will make a significant difference. And it looks better imo. 

oldjeep

Im somewhat torn.  I like that the short one doesn't seem to provide much driver shade. 

gahvey

Commercial sewing makes an adapter that swings the bimini out for lowering the tower.  

oldjeep
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gahvey said:

Commercial sewing makes an adapter that swings the bimini out for lowering the tower.  

That still doesn't look low enough, not to mention a lot of monkey motion in all that linkage.  My tower sits on steering wheel to clear door. 

The great lakes bimini in that thread might work. '

Edited by oldjeep