Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh Air Exhaust FAE Install

browneye253

Planning out my FAE install and the instructions mention that you can optionally scrape off the cork gasket from the exhaust adapter plate and use a bead of sealant instead. I’m curious what others have done on their installs?   I’m leaning towards leaving the cork and readdressing later if it becomes a problem. 

Thoughts?

jcRpRbE.jpg

zavXQgd.jpg

oABjmbB.jpg

I'm assuming the cork or silicone is there to make sure the exhaust doesn't leak out that area and defeat the purpose of the FAE?  Not needing to seal it up due to water since that area was already exposed when all I had was the flappers.

15 hours ago, browneye253 said:

I'm assuming the cork or silicone is there to make sure the exhaust doesn't leak out that area and defeat the purpose of the FAE?  Not needing to seal it up due to water since that area was already exposed when all I had was the flappers.

Got it. I was thinking the piece was going against the hull. I would leave it as is then. 

I don't have a problem scraping off the cork and running a bead of silicone. I wasn't sure what the purpose of the cork or silicone is at that connection.  I was guessing it's to help prevent an exhaust leak?  

On 3/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, browneye253 said:

I don't have a problem scraping off the cork and running a bead of silicone. I wasn't sure what the purpose of the cork or silicone is at that connection.  I was guessing it's to help prevent an exhaust leak?  

That's got to be it.  Like you said, nothing else to seal there.