Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Boating/TMC History

ahopkins22LSV

• 7 months later...

Bought my first boat in late summer 2000, right out of college, a Sea Ray 160 (16'9").  This is her a few days before I sold her (which was right after we bought our Malibu).  Sold in July 2011.  Was pretty reliable other than the motor letting go in 2002, where I had to put a crate 3.0 in her as there was a crack in the block, no one wanted to weld it and you can't buy the bare block.  Mostly slalom skied and tubed with this one, and started wakeboarding the last couple years we owned it.  The damn thing would drown you pulling up slalom and had to be ran WOT the whole time, but it did it.

DSC02864.jpg
IMG-0818.jpg

The wife and I decided to buy a replacement, as we wanted something bigger and better for watersports.  I searched for month unit we found our '01 Sunsetter VLX.  Looked at some other stuff, but a owner boat, 330hrs, didn't have a dated color scheme like a lot of boats of the era and an upgraded motor option were big factors...and the fact we stole it for 20k didn't hurt either.  But she needed upgrades - badly, as this is how we bought her (no ballast, garbage stereo, and otherwise how she came from 2001):

DSC02913.jpg
DSC02914-1.jpg
DSC02907-1.jpg

So I spent a bunch of money:

IMG-8146.jpg
20190518-121925.jpg
IMG-7738.jpg
20180428-104426.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...