Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GSA install?

bovhica

9 minutes ago, bovhica said:

On my boat (08 vlx hull, 21.5) I can create similar wave to the suckgate with GSA but wave has more push at the back of the wave which lengthened our pocket vs. a suckgate.  I can shape the wave on the fly without having to drain  and fill ballast.  I dont have a power wedge so this ability is huge for us. GSA requires more weight in the rear and less up front due to some lift from the tabs,  so I dont use a bow bag on top of seat anymore.  Lift also helps to get up to speed and I'm getting better fuel economy.  People can sit where they want for the most part and you can quickly get dialed in for the day, then adjust the dial as needed as people move from cabin to bow or vice versa.  @kerpluxal has been using GSA longer than I, and may have more insight, especially for your hull and boat length.

I guess the other option is building surf gates, but i am concerned i wont be able to retract the surf side gate enough (hitting swimdeck) which disturbs the wave. I think GSA is the way to go... but i want to be sure.

If there are any 2004-2007 23LSV owners out there with GSA... i will gladly buy you a couple tanks of gas in exchange for a demo surf. Happy to travel anywhere in the USA/Canada.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, sixfyv said:

I guess the other option is building surf gates, but i am concerned i wont be able to retract the surf side gate enough (hitting swimdeck) which disturbs the wave. I think GSA is the way to go... but i want to be sure.

If there are any 2004-2007 23LSV owners out there with GSA... i will gladly buy you a couple tanks of gas in exchange for a demo surf. Happy to travel anywhere in the USA/Canada.

Cheers.

@rugger can give you some insight on the surf gate option.  I'm glad I went GSA over attempting the surf gate because I'm not skilled or patient enough to attempt that type of modification.  I even had the dealer install my GSA.  I'd be happy to give you a test run on my ride.  Not a 23, but basically same year hull if you cant find a 23 owner.

30 minutes ago, sixfyv said:

Cheers.

There is a write up on here for building your own @martinarcher... there is another on WakeGarage.. 

I have the first gen GSA and has kept me from buying a new boat... 

If you want to demo, you are more than welcome anytime and no need for $$$.. just have a good time... It will be a far travel though all the way down to Houston.. 

I can't compare to your device as I never used it.. bring it along and we can do a side by side comparison!

Your wave in the video looks great minus it is on the wrong side ;)

Wrong side after install and just starting to play with it

IMG_20160117_141318589_zpsacu3onu0.jpg

Did not realize that PhotoBucket was going to put a logo right across the wave lol.. 

Edited by kerpluxal

I had the WW on my 06' LSV and had a dialed goofy wave, ok on the regular side (not any regular regular riders in our crew).  I felt the WW was better than the suck gates I tried but much harder to maneuver the boat.  I took me a few times out to dial in the GSA but as others have said it is great.  The wave is longer with more push.  I do use a bit more weight with the GSA, not because I have to but it only gets better.  I run 1100s in the back (they take maybe 950), full fly high bow triangle (they say 1000), and a 600 lb bag in front of back bench if it is only 4-5 people.  Oh, and 100 lbs of lead on each side under the corner seats and the factory four tanks.  I like to list a tiny bit to the wake side, seems to make a bit better lip, might be in my head though.  You are welcome to try mine out as well.  I am in SE Washington State. 

All I ask is if you could smuggle me down some good perogies.

19 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

There is a write up on here for building your own @martinarcher... there is another on WakeGarage.. 

I have the first gen GSA and has kept me from buying a new boat... 

If you want to demo, you are more than welcome anytime and no need for $$$.. just have a good time... It will be a far travel though all the way down to Houston.. 

I can't compare to your device as I never used it.. bring it along and we can do a side by side comparison!

Your wave in the video looks great minus it is on the wrong side ;)

Wrong side after install and just starting to play with it

IMG_20160117_141318589_zpsacu3onu0.jpg

Did not realize that PhotoBucket was going to put a logo right across the wave lol.. 

Sorry for the hijack...

Kerpluxal,

I love seeing your pictures next to the W. Lake Houston Pky bridge.  I used to ride / ski there 15 years ago, putting in at Rivergrove park.  There sure was a lot less traffic on the river back then.  I still drive over that bridge pretty regularly, but spend most of my time up on Livingston now.  How is it now that the dredging is done?

19 minutes ago, amartin said:

Sorry for the hijack...

Kerpluxal,

I love seeing your pictures next to the W. Lake Houston Pky bridge.  I used to ride / ski there 15 years ago, putting in at Rivergrove park.  There sure was a lot less traffic on the river back then.  I still drive over that bridge pretty regularly, but spend most of my time up on Livingston now.  How is it now that the dredging is done?

River Grove is stilled closed from Harvey. I am currently using NorthShore boat ramp in Forest Cove (a group of us bought property to get a key lol).. Traffic has not been an issue this year as most are scared of the dredges so I usually get river to myself :yahoo:...

Water is finally turning to a clear greenish hue and you can see body parts in water (never have seen this before.. always been the chocolate milk portrayed in the image lol since the 90s).

From NorthShore to river mouth at lake it varies from 8 ft to 25 ft.. NorthShore to 59 bridge still have to stay in channel and there are drops to 3 ft in two sections.

Only one dredge remains and they are at the mouth to lake.

10 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

River Grove is stilled closed from Harvey. I am currently using NorthShore boat ramp in Forest Cove (a group of us bought property to get a key lol).. Traffic has not been an issue this year as most are scared of the dredges so I usually get river to myself :yahoo:...

Water is finally turning to a clear greenish hue and you can see body parts in water (never have seen this before.. always been the chocolate milk portrayed in the image lol since the 90s).

From NorthShore to river mouth at lake it varies from 8 ft to 25 ft.. NorthShore to 59 bridge still have to stay in channel and there are drops to 3 ft in two sections.

Only one dredge remains and they are at the mouth to lake.

Glad to hear the water is cleaning up - it used to be NASTY.  I always felt a bit nauseous for a day or 2 after being in that water!  It was amazing how bad the Harvey flood waters were in some of the KW homes - the amount of mud that gor moved into homes was astonishing. 

Look at the upside, since Harvey you now own a share of some of the most flood prone property in the US!

On 8/13/2019 at 8:58 PM, wakesonthesnake said:

I had the WW on my 06' LSV and had a dialed goofy wave, ok on the regular side (not any regular regular riders in our crew).  I felt the WW was better than the suck gates I tried but much harder to maneuver the boat.  I took me a few times out to dial in the GSA but as others have said it is great.  The wave is longer with more push.  I do use a bit more weight with the GSA, not because I have to but it only gets better.  I run 1100s in the back (they take maybe 950), full fly high bow triangle (they say 1000), and a 600 lb bag in front of back bench if it is only 4-5 people.  Oh, and 100 lbs of lead on each side under the corner seats and the factory four tanks.  I like to list a tiny bit to the wake side, seems to make a bit better lip, might be in my head though.  You are welcome to try mine out as well.  I am in SE Washington State. 

All I ask is if you could smuggle me down some good perogies.

Thanks everyone for your great feedback... it is greatly appreciated!

That is a lot of weight you are running, WOTS.... i thought i was heavy at 3800 lbs plus humans. You are running at least 800 lbs more than me. must be pretty close to the rub rail at that, no? Also... do you have a hammerhead or monsoon? I'm guessing hammerhead as im not sure my monsoon would handle that much weight.

I would be very interested in dragging my boat down to your neck of the woods to do a side by side comparison, WOTS. It’s about 6 hours from my house. A bit more accessible with a boat than Houston! Thanks though AM!

Cheers,

sixfyv

Edited by sixfyv

I do have the hammerhead but because of the GSA tab pushing down in the water it is able to take a bit more weight.  The only time I have to watch it is when other boats are throwing rollers and they multiply with mine when turning around.  

Come on down, the water is fine.