Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Capt Chair Seat Riser to buy???

CaptCactus

I have a 1998 Sunsetter LX. I want to raise up the Capt’s chair. Which “riser” do I need to get?  Which one fits the stock 1998 Sunsetter seat configuration/bolt pattern??  (4” High seems to be the most popular size.)

Any carnal knowledge about the subject is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! 

Carnal knowledge. Knowledge of someone actually completing the task at hand as described, as opposed to just reading about it...or “knew a guy who knew a guy” that did this modification I’m inquiring about  

Thank you for your helpful response.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, CaptCactus said:

Carnal knowledge. Knowledge of someone actually completing the task at hand as described, as opposed to just reading about it...or “knew a guy who knew a guy” that did this modification I’m inquiring about 

What dictionary are you using?

Perhaps "first hand" would be better?

• Like 2

On the question of the seat riser.  I don't remember if the '98 has the same setup as my '01 with the sliding tracks.  If it does, it's really easy to adjust.  I didn't want to raise mine but did want to adjust the seat angle as a previous owner had adjusted it with some washers to be too reclined for my liking.  It's four carriage bolts to remove the seat.  I then just rearranged some washers to get the angle to where I wanted it and tightened it back down.

Doing a riser would be similarly easy I'm sure.  Depending on how much lift you want, making your own with some blocks of wood and longer carriage bolts would be a bit cheaper than buying one of the pre-fabbed (albeit nice) units.

24 minutes ago, CaptCactus said:

Thank you for your helpful response.

Definitely a nominee for post of the week right here!

13 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

On the question of the seat riser.  I don't remember if the '98 has the same setup as my '01 with the sliding tracks.  If it does, it's really easy to adjust.  I didn't want to raise mine but did want to adjust the seat angle as a previous owner had adjusted it with some washers to be too reclined for my liking.  It's four carriage bolts to remove the seat.  I then just rearranged some washers to get the angle to where I wanted it and tightened it back down.

Doing a riser would be similarly easy I'm sure.  Depending on how much lift you want, making your own with some blocks of wood and longer carriage bolts would be a bit cheaper than buying one of the pre-fabbed (albeit nice) units.

Thank you. 

46 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

What dictionary are you using?

Perhaps "first hand" would be better?

You must be fun at parties...

37 minutes ago, Stevo said:

In my 2001,

I bought some 3-1/2 in square tube (3/16 wall) in the Drop bin at local metal supplier, welded them together, and drilled the hole pattern in them. Worked great and was like $30

1DE76FA8-9DA6-4BFC-BB3B-217F813D9D12.jpeg

E06B1DFE-812E-49E5-A9C1-AE78A19A3EE7.jpeg

FCF59F9F-4222-49FB-84DB-1DCF7640491D.jpeg

Thank you!

Very Helpful!

Appreciate you taking the time to post pics. 

38 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Definitely a nominee for post of the week right here!

I am to please. :-)

Maybe its a West coast thing, but that term has been in use in the marine and aviation world for generations.  

22 minutes ago, CaptCactus said:

I am to please. :-)

Maybe its a West coast thing, but that term has been in use in the marine and aviation world for generations.  

And every time I hear someone say Carnal Knowledge, in my head I say "of a lady this time"