Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Facing Light Install - Where Do I Connect?

billstephenson7362

I just received my 2019 23 LSV!  I ordered it without tower speakers so I could add an aftermarket amp and tower speakers as suggested on the forum.  It did not come with anything pre-wired in the tower, which is an easy fix.  My question however is in regards to adding my rear facing lights.  Where do I wire those to?  I found one plug labeled "lights" under the dash.  I thought there would be one for forward lights, and one for rear lights?  Anyone have any experience wiring rear facing lights on their own?  I want to make sure I am doing things correctly before I start messing with the factory plug (looks like I would have to cut it off and use butt connectors to splice the wires together?

IIRC on my 18' 22VLX, the front and rear tower light plugs were under the gunnel at the tower bases.  I just added LED lighting to my gunnels and ending up using the dock lights plug which was located behind the front port speaker.  

Plug you need. You can probably pick up one at an auto supply. Or you can cut it and use your own connectors.

The "Tower Lights" plug under the dash is the ground plug for the Rear and Forward Tower lights. This is a two position plug. One side for Forward and one side for Rear.

The positive or power wire for the tower lights comes off the breaker panel. You'll have to remove the panel and wire to the back of the breaker with a female spade connector.

The Forward & Rear icons on the 7" screen are enabled in the Settings screen on the 7" screen. Enable which ones you need. This is the Switch that you'll turn the tower light on and off.