Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T23 with Triaxle trailer

gainer83

I am ordering a new T23, and the initial sheet and quote had the tri-axle trailer that I wanted. Settled on a number and gave them the deposit. Come to find out that it is not available for that boat. What options or upgrades should I push for instead? Clamping racks? 18” wheels and spare? Planning on a trip from Charlotte area to Knoxville a couple times so I wanted the extra comfort of the 3rd axle. My past two boats have always had trailer issues and they are getting heavier and heavier. Plus I wanted to leave WakeMAKERS bags in the front behind the speakers. 

DAFC92B9-C806-4C8A-9C37-CE15311C47CC.png

C4E326FD-6DB8-4669-86F1-69525EF39F19.png

1. Good lord I feel bad for anyone's legs that sits in that boat. Gorgeous though.

2. Triple axle trailers are overrated, especially on a T23. I definitely like the tricked out trailer, though, with the big wheels.

3. Clamping racks rock, definitely not a bad way to spend some upgrade $$$.

Edited by boardjnky4

I have changed the black, that was the initial that he sent me but after thinking about it i am going with graphite. 

Long yeips tripple might be nice and smoother with less tounge weig6, but might be a PIA at tight ramps and parking, I'd probably do it on my next 25 

Sic looking boat!!

ahopkins22LSV

18’s will tow better then the standard 14’s so I’d definitely check that box for the T23. Clamping racks are super nice and great for all kinds of boards so if you have the money I’d go for those as well! Those are an add on that can be easily added later though. 18’s require a different fender so it can be done, but not nearly as easy so if it is one or the other I’d go 18’s personally. Definitely with the spare and mount too. 

Sick looking boat. We have a nearly identical interior and it does really good in the sun. I’m very impressed with the new vinyl material. The black and graphite gets no hotter then the moonbeam my TXi had. 

38EA0121-FD34-4F90-877F-743CAFD805E2.thumb.jpeg.569f965b510d0d80a242f92a933ba3ec.jpeg

It was my understanding that BU went to 4500 axles,

a few years ago they were the 3500 variety and were definitely pushing the limits .

The triple tows like a dream,  I love everything about it.

18’s are a solid option along with the clamp racks.

agree on the dark interior (looks great) , it may be a few degrees warmer than the lighter option, but when it’s 100+  Even the lightest color can Scortch your A$$

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 1
On 3/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, gainer83 said:

I have changed the black, that was the initial that he sent me but after thinking about it i am going with graphite. 

Love the dark interior, I have all graphite and love the look.  Also, it doesn't get too hot so don't worry about that.