Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MFknK

New Axis owner looking for prop insight A24

Plilernator

I have the monsoon 410. 

Lead:

-150 under port passenger seat. 

-300 stuffed in front, back and on top of battery box (not easy to do)

-200 under the bow sac in the corners in a way that minimally interferes with the bow bags fill capacity. 

-300 that rides in the ally toward the nose or all the way up front as far as possible if i have the addition 1100           lb bag on the floor. We dont always ride with the extra bag, only if its a light crew and we wanna get                  crazy. This setup is full on massive, not necessary or advised. Just the extra lead works good. 

-50 by the drivers seat that i can toss were i want for fine tuning

I still have yet to ride my "fully sacd" setup with the new prop. I forgot the sac yesterday so just rode with all my hidden weight plus lead. I definitely think the first hole shot with the 1100 lb sac will be a slow one even with auto wedge. I will probably have to send a few people to the nose the first few until a few gallons of fuel are burnt off. With the 2755 it was still pretty easy but the RPM's were just too high at wakeboard speeds, so i have knowingly lengthened my holeshot to lower RPM's. Also, i wouldnt run the sac if my boat was in a sturdy lift. Only reason i have the bag is because i trailer and i dont want to totally overload the trailer. the extra 1000 is already more than i would like. if i was in a slip though it would be 2000 lbs of lead and call it a day. 

Plilernator

Here's a pic if me grabbing a little tail. I wish this would let me upload MP4's cause i have some videos I would like to share. Long story short this is my favorite Wake, but i'm a little biased. 

IMG_1325.JPG

MFknK

Your wieghting is almost exactly what I have set up.

getting the bags in the battery compartment was a pain, but worth it.

I put the extra 200lbs of lead split between the farthest back underseat areas, roght in front of rear bags. 

I think I am going to order the 3077 and run it. 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, Plilernator said:

MFknK

Circling back here.

I have the new 3077 prop installed. 

New rpms are much better. These are fully loaded with 7 adults in the boat.

3400-3500 at surf. 

Just shy of 3900 at 23.5. 

On a basic prop calculator, the 1.5” of pitch difference should not translate to that much rpm/speed change. But, the 3077 has a considerable amount of cup over the 2755. It really reduces slippage when running this much weight. 

Plilernator
On 4/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, MFknK said:
21 hours ago, MFknK said:

Circling back here.

I have the new 3077 prop installed. 

New rpms are much better. These are fully loaded with 7 adults in the boat.

3400-3500 at surf. 

Just shy of 3900 at 23.5. 

On a basic prop calculator, the 1.5” of pitch difference should not translate to that much rpm/speed change. But, the 3077 has a considerable amount of cup over the 2755. It really reduces slippage when running this much weight. 

Good to hear. That's basically my experience, I'm running a bid more weight though and pushing just over 4000 rpm at wakeboard speed. 3077 is the prop though for 99% of people.  

Chpprpilot

I’m having a problem with the 2755 as well. I’m running a 2019 A24 with a 410 engine at 500’ MSL. With full ballast (bow, center and two 750’s in the rear) and power wedge 3 on any setting other than stowed I can’t get more than 10.6 MPH out of her. I’ve set the speed at 11.2 but it can’t get there. Only running about 3200 RPM so there’s power available. I’m disappointed that my new boat can’t even pull a full setup with its own optioned equipment. 

MFknK

Something isn’t right there. Are you sure you have a 2755? 

If so, I would get it to the dealer to get checked out. Mine will pull that plus 1300# of lead and 8 adults out of the hole to wakeboard speeds.

Plilernator

That doesn’t sound right. I’m running a lot more weight with the 3077 or even the 2755 and it can handle it 

Chris2e

did you guys loose much top speed with the 2755 or the 3077?  i have a 19 T23 with the 2249 prop  with the same issues getting up to surf speed when fully weighted but wonder if i can still get 34 mph out of either of those other props

onewake09
1 hour ago, Chris2e said:

did you guys loose much top speed with the 2755 or the 3077?  i have a 19 T23 with the 2249 prop  with the same issues getting up to surf speed when fully weighted but wonder if i can still get 34 mph out of either of those other props

Those other props are 17' diameter. You're not getting that prop on your t23. If you're having issues getting to speed then the next prop would the 2773 or according to Jim at Acme, the 3065. Same pitch at the 2773 but more cup. It will run less rpms than the 2773 also.  I cant speak to getting to 34 MPH but Id think you would be able too.  Also, for what its worth. I run a 2249 on my a20 with alot of weight and it doesnt have an issue. Have you tried running more bow weight? Thats alot of the issue. Too much rear weight and the prop is pointed down. Bow weight helps alot of planning and speed issues.