Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Axis owner looking for prop insight A24

I have the monsoon 410. 

Lead:

-150 under port passenger seat. 

-300 stuffed in front, back and on top of battery box (not easy to do)

-200 under the bow sac in the corners in a way that minimally interferes with the bow bags fill capacity. 

-300 that rides in the ally toward the nose or all the way up front as far as possible if i have the addition 1100           lb bag on the floor. We dont always ride with the extra bag, only if its a light crew and we wanna get                  crazy. This setup is full on massive, not necessary or advised. Just the extra lead works good. 

-50 by the drivers seat that i can toss were i want for fine tuning

I still have yet to ride my "fully sacd" setup with the new prop. I forgot the sac yesterday so just rode with all my hidden weight plus lead. I definitely think the first hole shot with the 1100 lb sac will be a slow one even with auto wedge. I will probably have to send a few people to the nose the first few until a few gallons of fuel are burnt off. With the 2755 it was still pretty easy but the RPM's were just too high at wakeboard speeds, so i have knowingly lengthened my holeshot to lower RPM's. Also, i wouldnt run the sac if my boat was in a sturdy lift. Only reason i have the bag is because i trailer and i dont want to totally overload the trailer. the extra 1000 is already more than i would like. if i was in a slip though it would be 2000 lbs of lead and call it a day. 

Here's a pic if me grabbing a little tail. I wish this would let me upload MP4's cause i have some videos I would like to share. Long story short this is my favorite Wake, but i'm a little biased. 

IMG_1325.JPG

Your wieghting is almost exactly what I have set up.

getting the bags in the battery compartment was a pain, but worth it.

I put the extra 200lbs of lead split between the farthest back underseat areas, roght in front of rear bags. 

I think I am going to order the 3077 and run it. 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, Plilernator said:

• 1 month later...

Circling back here.

I have the new 3077 prop installed. 

New rpms are much better. These are fully loaded with 7 adults in the boat.

3400-3500 at surf. 

Just shy of 3900 at 23.5. 

On a basic prop calculator, the 1.5” of pitch difference should not translate to that much rpm/speed change. But, the 3077 has a considerable amount of cup over the 2755. It really reduces slippage when running this much weight. 

• Like 2
On 4/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, MFknK said:
21 hours ago, MFknK said:

Circling back here.

3400-3500 at surf. 

On a basic prop calculator, the 1.5” of pitch difference should not translate to that much rpm/speed change. But, the 3077 has a considerable amount of cup over the 2755. It really reduces slippage when running this much weight. 

Good to hear. That's basically my experience, I'm running a bid more weight though and pushing just over 4000 rpm at wakeboard speed. 3077 is the prop though for 99% of people.  

• 3 weeks later...

I’m having a problem with the 2755 as well. I’m running a 2019 A24 with a 410 engine at 500’ MSL. With full ballast (bow, center and two 750’s in the rear) and power wedge 3 on any setting other than stowed I can’t get more than 10.6 MPH out of her. I’ve set the speed at 11.2 but it can’t get there. Only running about 3200 RPM so there’s power available. I’m disappointed that my new boat can’t even pull a full setup with its own optioned equipment. 

Something isn’t right there. Are you sure you have a 2755? 

If so, I would get it to the dealer to get checked out. Mine will pull that plus 1300# of lead and 8 adults out of the hole to wakeboard speeds.

• 1 month later...

did you guys loose much top speed with the 2755 or the 3077?  i have a 19 T23 with the 2249 prop  with the same issues getting up to surf speed when fully weighted but wonder if i can still get 34 mph out of either of those other props

1 hour ago, Chris2e said:

did you guys loose much top speed with the 2755 or the 3077?  i have a 19 T23 with the 2249 prop  with the same issues getting up to surf speed when fully weighted but wonder if i can still get 34 mph out of either of those other props

Those other props are 17' diameter. You're not getting that prop on your t23. If you're having issues getting to speed then the next prop would the 2773 or according to Jim at Acme, the 3065. Same pitch at the 2773 but more cup. It will run less rpms than the 2773 also.  I cant speak to getting to 34 MPH but Id think you would be able too.  Also, for what its worth. I run a 2249 on my a20 with alot of weight and it doesnt have an issue. Have you tried running more bow weight? Thats alot of the issue. Too much rear weight and the prop is pointed down. Bow weight helps alot of planning and speed issues. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, Chpprpilot said:

I’m having a problem with the 2755 as well. I’m running a 2019 A24 with a 410 engine at 500’ MSL. With full ballast (bow, center and two 750’s in the rear) and power wedge 3 on any setting other than stowed I can’t get more than 10.6 MPH out of her. I’ve set the speed at 11.2 but it can’t get there. Only running about 3200 RPM so there’s power available. I’m disappointed that my new boat can’t even pull a full setup with its own optioned equipment. 

@ChpprpilotI have the same problem with the my A24. I'm in Utah about 4500' at my local lake. Fully sacked out 11.4ish is my top speed. After a long conversation with ACME they recommended the 3513 and 3309, and the that 2755 isn't quite the right prop around here. I just tested the 3513 and my RPMS went up a little bit (3,600 - 3,900) for surfing, but I have SOOOO much more power. My throttle was only down like 75% so I still have plenty more to give. 

I'm going to be trying the 3309 this upcoming week. I spoke to an avid rider from Idaho and they are also running the 3309 on a fully sacked out A24. 

Let me know if you have any questions or looking for more info

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 6:32 PM, MFknK said:

Circling back here.

3400-3500 at surf. 

@MFknK Since it has been a few months, just wanted to see if you are still happy with the 3077 over the 2755?  Think I am going to order one later this week, to help keep the surf speeds up when heavily loaded up with ballast and lead.

16 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

@MFknK Since it has been a few months, just wanted to see if you are still happy with the 3077 over the 2755?  Think I am going to order one later this week, to help keep the surf speeds up when heavily loaded up with ballast and lead.

@Leatherneck33 I have been running the 3309 and LOVVVVE it. I tested that and the 3513, but felt like the 3513 was a bit too aggressive. I'm running 2 850's in the rear, and 240-400 in the bow in lead. Normal crew of 4-6 adults. Elevation of 4500-7000 ft. The 2755 didn't cut it for me, it was wayyyy to doggy. Boat struggled to plane and maintain surf speeds. We've had great luck with the 3309. It actually the prop recommended by ACME for the A24 with 450

2 minutes ago, Arbie44 said:

@Leatherneck33 I have been running the 3309 and LOVVVVE it. I tested that and the 3513, but felt like the 3513 was a bit too aggressive. I'm running 2 850's in the rear, and 240-400 in the bow in lead. Normal crew of 4-6 adults. Elevation of 4500-7000 ft. The 2755 didn't cut it for me, it was wayyyy to doggy. Boat struggled to plane and maintain surf speeds. We've had great luck with the 3309. It actually the prop recommended by ACME for the A24 with 450

Thank you for the update.  I just got off the phone with ACME and they recommended going to a 3391 (17.5" prop).  Off to research the difference between the 3309 and 3391.

12 minutes ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Thank you for the update.  I just got off the phone with ACME and they recommended going to a 3391 (17.5" prop).  Off to research the difference between the 3309 and 3391.

Oh that's super interesting! Did you talk with Jim over there? 

What year is your A24 and which motor do you have?

Just now, Arbie44 said:

Oh that's super interesting! Did you talk with Jim over there? 

What year is your A24 and which motor do you have?

Talked with Braden.  I have a 2018 Axis A24 with the Monsoon 410, currently I have the 2755 prop.

4 minutes ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Talked with Braden.  I have a 2018 Axis A24 with the Monsoon 410, currently I have the 2755 prop.

Did he by chance say why you shouldn't go with the 3309?

43 minutes ago, Arbie44 said:

Did he by chance say why you shouldn't go with the 3309?

That prop didn't come up in the conversation.  I called asking if the 3307 would be a good upgrade from my existing 2755 and he said that would be going in the wrong direction.  That is when he brought up the 3391.

3 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

That prop didn't come up in the conversation.  I called asking if the 3307 would be a good upgrade from my existing 2755 and he said that would be going in the wrong direction.  That is when he brought up the 3391.

Hey at least that was consistent... They told me the 3307 would also be the wrong move. Would make the boat even more "doggy"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 3:56 PM, Arbie44 said:

Hey at least that was consistent... They told me the 3307 would also be the wrong move. Would make the boat even more "doggy"

@Arbie44 Thought I would follow up on this topic. I called today and talked with Jim, he said the difference between the 3391 and 3309 is "splitting hairs".  He said the 3391 (17.5") has a little more cup than the 3309 (18") and that makes up for the additional diameter of the 3309.  Since they had the 3391 in stock, I purchased it today.  Once I run it on the boat I will provide some feedback.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, Leatherneck33 said:

@Arbie44 Thought I would follow up on this topic. I called today and talked with Jim, he said the difference between the 3391 and 3309 is "splitting hairs".  He said the 3391 (17.5") has a little more cup than the 3309 (18") and that makes up for the additional diameter of the 3309.  Since they had the 3391 in stock, I purchased it today.  Once I run it on the boat I will provide some feedback.

@Leatherneck33 that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for info. '18 A24 w/410, right? We have loooooved the 3309. I feel like the boat runs a lot more efficient and really maintains speed a lot better. I'm not jumping around on the speedometer as much. Getting up on going has been great  a lot better

Edited by Arbie44
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Arbie44 said:

@Leatherneck33 that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for info. '18 A24 w/410, right? We have loooooved the 3309. I feel like the boat runs a lot more efficient and really maintains speed a lot better. I'm not jumping around on the speedometer as much. Getting up on going has been great  a lot better

@Arbie44 Sounds awesome, I will have the prop on Thursday and hope to get out on Friday evening.  Yes, I have the 18 A24 w/ 410.

On 4/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, Plilernator said:

I have the monsoon 410. 

Lead:

-150 under port passenger seat. 

-300 stuffed in front, back and on top of battery box (not easy to do)

-200 under the bow sac in the corners in a way that minimally interferes with the bow bags fill capacity. 

-300 that rides in the ally toward the nose or all the way up front as far as possible if i have the addition 1100           lb bag on the floor. We dont always ride with the extra bag, only if its a light crew and we wanna get                  crazy. This setup is full on massive, not necessary or advised. Just the extra lead works good. 

-50 by the drivers seat that i can toss were i want for fine tuning

I still have yet to ride my "fully sacd" setup with the new prop. I forgot the sac yesterday so just rode with all my hidden weight plus lead. I definitely think the first hole shot with the 1100 lb sac will be a slow one even with auto wedge. I will probably have to send a few people to the nose the first few until a few gallons of fuel are burnt off. With the 2755 it was still pretty easy but the RPM's were just too high at wakeboard speeds, so i have knowingly lengthened my holeshot to lower RPM's. Also, i wouldnt run the sac if my boat was in a sturdy lift. Only reason i have the bag is because i trailer and i dont want to totally overload the trailer. the extra 1000 is already more than i would like. if i was in a slip though it would be 2000 lbs of lead and call it a day. 

What’s your tow vehicle?