Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another '19 23 LSV Stereo Thread...

rsutton1223

We ordered a 23 LSV with 4 Icon 8's and the typical 23 LSV Pack w/12" sub. From everything I have been reading so far, the speakers are pretty good from Wetsounds but they are very under-powered and there is no adjust-ability from the factory. I thought about doing a factory delete but I do want the factory integration so I went ahead with the stock setup. I am looking at replacing the amps to give the speakers more juice (with the rca converters). 

My question is does anyone know how these things are wired? I would rather not have to run new lines to the speakers so I am trying to figure out what the ohm load (single speaker is 4ohm) and how the speakers are wired together. I am assuming each pair of tower speakers and inside speakers are wired in parallel to the amps. I am looking forward to getting it in and trying it all out but the planner in me is doing the research now. 

I’m fairly confident the markings are on the amps.  Also, a continuity test with a multimeter would be a clear indicator where speaker wires are pin’d out to the amp.  From there you can cut the black speaker wire connector off and go into the new amp or you can find the male  plug and mate it to the exsisting harness in boat.

There are 8 wires for the 8 in boat speakers.  So 2 speakers per positive and negative wire

58 minutes ago, rsutton1223 said:

would rather not have to run new lines to the speakers

The only difference in the OEM setup and a traditional audio system , is the absence of RCA ends and all the inputs and outputs are neatly gathered into proprietary connectors. 3 on the in-boat amp and 2 on the tower. You will not need to run new cabling to any speakers, just convert those connectors to usable speaker wire ends and RCA. You can cut the wires out, de-pin the connector or source the mating connector and build it with your needed leads.