Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heatercraft install

kwebster1

I picked up the 4 outlet system from heater craft and I’m curious about install. I plan on having 2 pull outs in the walkway and 2 vents under the dash. I was also thinking of tying it in to the antifreeze instead of doing the raw water style to prevent any freezing and from what I hear it will keep the heater warmer at idle. I have a 14 23lsv with the 450 ls3. Has anyone done this install and have photos? I also don’t believe I got a full kit because I have no hoses or fitting to connect to the motor so I will be needing to find those as well. Thanks!

heater hose is actually available at home depot.

you must do the heat from the closed cooling side on this engine.  That's good because it also simplifies winterizing (don't need to winterize heater).

you are going to need a circ pump for the antifreeze too.  If it's not already there, here's a link to one:

https://www.bakesonline.com/johnson-cm30-continuous-duty-in-line-circulation-pump-5-8.html

page 47 of your manual shows where to connect the hoses:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/marinepowerusa/pdfs/MP001_Engine+Owner's+Manual.pdf

Thanks Shawn. Very helpful info. Any idea how to wire it using the existing switch built in the maliview? I thought I had found the plug and am not getting any voltage reading when testing it.