Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Active Water Sports or River City for repairs

Couvewakesetter

Wondering if anyone has experience with either for mechanical issues for Malibu boats in Portland?  I used River City some time ago but was for a different boat than Malibu. They seemed to do a good job.  Not sure how conversant they are with Malibu boats, however.

21 minutes ago, Couvewakesetter said:

Wondering if anyone has experience with either for mechanical issues for Malibu boats in Portland?  I used River City some time ago but was for a different boat than Malibu. They seemed to do a good job.  Not sure how conversant they are with Malibu boats, however.

Active water sports does a great job! They have been my dealer for over 30 years, 

4 hours ago, NWBU said:

+1 for AWS. Great people to work with in the service area.

River City stopped being a Malibu dealer around 2009.

Bridge City was last local Malibu dealer before AWS and they went out of business. 

• Like 3

Ditto AWS  - They have done excellent work both for Warranty repair and Insurance repair.  Mechanical work was top notch last year on a tranny\Vdrive replacement.  Highly recommend them.   

Great work on Gel Coat and other repairs too.  

5 hours ago, ORMailbuboater said:

last year on a tranny\Vdrive replacement. 

Did your 2016 Indmar tranny/vdrive go out under warranty? What were the symptoms? 

17 hours ago, skurfer said:

Did your 2016 Indmar tranny/vdrive go out under warranty? What were the symptoms? 

No did not go out under warranty.   My daughter accidentally drove the boat into shallow water on the river while wake surfing.   Ouch!!!    Feel bad as I was in the boat and knew the channel was shallow on that side of the river.  We were turning and the turn was wider than normal which put us in shallow water.   By the time I noticed and told her to stop it was too late. 

As you can imagine bad things happen when surfing into <3 feet of water.   The prop hit bottom hard.  Internal damage was sustained in the transmission.   Both V Drive and Transmission replaced as a new unit.   Plus wedge dug into rocky bottom as well and was replaced.   Hull was undamaged.  $12,000 later.... all was fixed.  Ran all last year with no problems.   Insurance thankfully picked up the tab less $375 deductible.   Lucky for that!  

Edited by ORMailbuboater