Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New wakeboards, what did you upgrade to

granddaddy55

We bought a 139 HL prism with Syn bindings  for wife and  am HL 144 Murray Pro with Team X bindings for me

what did you step up to?

i think we got a decent deal at 32% off 2019 model prices 

Edited by granddaddy55

Also, I did pick up the new 19 RXT bindings late last season.  I really like those.  Softer like a Parks but just a bit more heel lock in my experience.

• Like 1

Currently on the 144 HL Murray and wanting to demo the 150.  Also would like to check out the RXT board.  Currently riding the 2018 RXT bindings and loving them.

5 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Currently on the 144 HL Murray and wanting to demo the 150.  Also would like to check out the RXT board.  Currently riding the 2018 RXT bindings and loving them.

I just got the 144, how do you like it, I got it with the package Team X closed bindings and I like when I tried them on how much i could tighten them up and they were still real comfy and had a great heel grab with the contoured heel padding 

the RXT’s look real nice but they are more thsn my whole board snd bindings package , they must be nice!

Edited by granddaddy55

I bought a CWB Standard Josh Twelker Pro model 139 with bindings. Boulder Boats had a huge holiday sale and for 4 hours you could buy any CWB combo for $99.  They switched to Connelly Wakboards this year so they were blowing out all of the CWB stuff. $700 combo for $100. Couldn’t go wrong. 

AD4405EE-A1C2-4B14-A781-4C6A437CF6FF.jpeg

608AE298-1067-4E8F-A36F-DB17B22EAFCC.jpeg

• Like 3

RXT All the way! Wakeboarding for almost 20 years now, this board has some sort of magic in it. It really does pop differently. Doesn't kick hard like a 3 stage, but it boosts! Super light, easy to break free if you need and locks in when charging hard into the wake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 5:16 PM, MTH7 said:

RXT All the way! Wakeboarding for almost 20 years now, this board has some sort of magic in it. It really does pop differently. Doesn't kick hard like a 3 stage, but it boosts! Super light, easy to break free if you need and locks in when charging hard into the wake.

I really wanna ride the RXT. Theres so much hype behind that board. I want to upgrade this year too as I've had my board for quite a few seasons. I really think I should just bite the bullet and throw down a couple hundred more over the time bomb (was originally my first choice). Think its worth it?

On 3/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, MTH7 said:

This sounds amazing. I (still) ride a 2010 Ronix Viva. When I moved to a Ronix I knew I'd never ride any other brand again. 
I really wanna check this thing out! 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:16 PM, MTH7 said:

What were you riding previously? Feel like I'd have to demo before committing to $800.

41 minutes ago, onwi said:

What were you riding previously? Feel like I'd have to demo before committing to $800.

I can understand that, but it seems most people on here will drop a g on a surf board without hesitation. :dontknow:
I'm not saying it's true, but really looking at the two different types of boards, wake vs surf, there's  A LOT of tech in a wake board over a surf. 

1 minute ago, Ryan1776 said:

I can understand that, but it seems most people on here will drop a g on a surf board without hesitation. :dontknow:
I'm not saying it's true, but really looking at the two different types of boards, wake vs surf, there's  A LOT of tech in a wake board over a surf. 

Totally get that.  Not a surfer so definitely not throwing that type of money at a surfer.  I'd start talking about surfing, the boats and the costs and start to sound like a scrooge.  

6 minutes ago, onwi said:

Totally get that.  Not a surfer so definitely not throwing that type of money at a surfer.  I'd start talking about surfing, the boats and the costs and start to sound like a scrooge.  

HAHAHHA!! I was stoked when surfing took off because wakeboard prices crashed....until this RXT. That's the normal cost of a board 8 years ago. 
I could have gotten Massi's board last year for 275 bucks! :surprised: My viva was 600 a year and half old when I bought it new!

My buddy sent me a shot of Ronix's surf board with "straps" now. I joked back.... 
Next year they'll be a little shorter and thinner. Two years from now they'll make the straps a little more structural. Then they'll be like! Whoa! What if we go a little faster and do it with a 70' rope!?! We could do flips and spins in the air I bet! I can see Byerly now... Da faq?!

Edited by Ryan1776
  • Like 2

I just got all new Liquid Force gear:

Classic 142 (for me)

Fury 125 (for the kids)

Index and Rant bindings

Rocket Wakesurfer

Ropes, jackets and tubes, ready to roll this summer!

Should be getting my boat back Saturday, took awhile for the fuel pump to show up! 

Had 100 hr service, new battery/cables and switch put in. 

Headed to audio shop when I get it back Sat.

Back on water date April 14th!

I think im going to pull the trigger on a Ronix RXT. Checked out some youtube video reviews on it. Some good information there.

Anybody ever have luck getting a demo? 

I currently ride a Liquid Force Marek Bio which I felt like was a game changer from my old Parks board. 

You can’t go wrong with what is widely considered the best combo out there , but that’s a lot of money for what most of us spend 15-to well less than 30 minutes riding each day, but after wake school 5 mornings in a row I can almost do 30-60 minutes a day 

so is it worth it for how much you ride in a day, if so buy it and don’t look back 

nick at wakeboard Naples is a dealer , call him up and see what price he can get you 

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2019 at 6:11 PM, granddaddy55 said:

I just got the 144, how do you like it, I got it with the package Team X closed bindings and I like when I tried them on how much i could tighten them up and they were still real comfy and had a great heel grab with the contoured heel padding 

the RXT’s look real nice but they are more thsn my whole board snd bindings package , they must be nice!

Love the Murray.  Still haven't tried the 150, but the more I think of it, the 144 is plenty.  One mod I did to mine was I replaced the fins with some .8" Ronix FreeAgent fins for a little more tracking.  Luckily the holes lined up.

17 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Love the Murray.  Still haven't tried the 150, but the more I think of it, the 144 is plenty.  One mod I did to mine was I replaced the fins with some .8" Ronix FreeAgent fins for a little more tracking.  Luckily the holes lined up.

144 is a big board, been riding a 139, luv the landings when I keep good rope control , still loving the team x binding 

• 4 years later...
On 3/17/2019 at 8:00 AM, Hyperryd said:

I bought a CWB Standard Josh Twelker Pro model 139 with bindings. Boulder Boats had a huge holiday sale and for 4 hours you could buy any CWB combo for $99.  They switched to Connelly Wakboards this year so they were blowing out all of the CWB stuff. $700 combo for $100. Couldn’t go wrong. 

AD4405EE-A1C2-4B14-A781-4C6A437CF6FF.jpeg

608AE298-1067-4E8F-A36F-DB17B22EAFCC.jpeg

If you ever want to sell this setup’  I’m very interested! 

Thanks! 
-Jay