Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2019 23 LSV!

eubanks

Thanks guys.  A lot of inspiration on here for colors.  We love how it turned out.  We had red/black combination for a long time so it will be nice to look at a different color.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, gregtay said:

Now that you have some hours on the boat any thoughts on the M5di motor?

So far, so good.  Engine seems quiet and no issues to this point.  I am trying to make it to that 10 hour mark as quick as possible so we can load it up and start riding.  We are up to 8.7 hours now.  So no real numbers to share with you yet on RPM's or fuel consumption.  We've been just staying between 1500 and 3500.

And if anybody cares, there is soooo much to love about this boat...especially coming from a 2005 23 LSV.  Here are my initial thoughts after spending a lot of time in the boat Saturday as compared to my old boat.

PROS

* Storage, storage, storage!  It's everywhere and I love it.  Deep connected storage.  I love the bins over the motor and v-drive.

* Keyless ignition

* Accessory button separate from ignition.  I hated when the music stopped after we would turn off the engine on the old boat and flip over to accessory mode.

* Phone holder!  My most excited accessory on the new boat.  :lol:

* Wireless charging.  This works really well even through various iPhone cases.

* Screens!  I love all the information available in one place and how it can be customized.  They are easy to see.

* Power seat.  This is awesome when changing speeds and your viewing angle is constantly changing.  I do wish the lowest starting height was lower.

* Tinted windshield.  Not a Malibu thing but made the screens super easy to see and kept the dash and helm cooler.  And it looks great.

* Seats hinging outward.  Our old boat they flipped inwards forcing you to reach over the seat to get into the storage compartment.

* Batteries in bow.  Added bow weight and opened up the storage area behind the observer's seat.

* Metal flake.  We wipe down after every use, but the flake looks good AND hides water spots!

* Seadek

CONS

* The helm seat.  It is AWFUL.  I've hated it ever since climbing into the first 2019 we ever saw.  The bolster doesn't sit flat with the rest of the seat bottom and the triangular piece on the seat back protrudes out and pushes right in the middle of your upper back.  After sitting it in for about 7 hours Saturday I would say I hate it even worse now.

* Rider presets.  Can I remove them (Wakeboard Beg, Wakeboard Adv, etc.) or at least move my custom ones to the top of the list?

* EQ / Volume controls.  I loved our Wetsounds 420 with the ability to change the sub/tower/interior speakers volume independently without cycling through a screen.

* Throttle sensitivity.  Perhaps it will "loosen up" but the initial gear jumps quite a bit from neutral especially in reverse.

* Tower locking handles.  I wish they were integrated into the tower like I believe the G4 had instead of sticking out into the cabin to hit your head on.

* Did I say helm seat?  :biggrin:

C3546AFA-84E8-4409-8744-9162891B3073.jpeg

Edited by eubanks
  • Like 3

@eubanks I don't believe you can delete the factory presets, but you can change them. So just make wb adv/beg or whatever your surf left/right or whatever you want. Just change the settings and name and you'll be good.

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

* EQ / Volume controls.  I loved our Wetsounds 420 with the ability to change the sub/tower/interior speakers volume independently without cycling through a screen.

You can touch the small square at the bottom left of the screen and toggle through the different zones for the volume control