Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LXI Jump Seat Modification

PURDUEskier

I struggled to find a good solution for the hinges and for a locking mechanism.  Since there isn't much room beside the seat you cant access a release that is side mounted.   I also wanted to he able to operate it from the front and back.  I ended up finding these online but had to cut them down. As is they are too tall in the back and hit the side panels in the walkway. I had to cut the backs down a bunch and drill new holes. Hinges were bought from nautinox in Italy. Can be found online. They were a bit pricey but customer service was really good and they work great. 

• 2 months later...

@PURDUEskier  got my hinges ordered from the place in Italy.  Awaiting for them to ship.  Thank you again for the advice.  Great idea you have on coming up with this.  I agree -I have always liked MC prostar 197 for that seat design they have and just general the prostar 197 is a  beauty of boat.  Super glad I went with my 2015 Txi though.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/5/2019 at 5:51 AM, PURDUEskier said:

I struggled to find a good solution for the hinges and for a locking mechanism.  Since there isn't much room beside the seat you cant access a release that is side mounted.   I also wanted to he able to operate it from the front and back.  I ended up finding these online but had to cut them down. As is they are too tall in the back and hit the side panels in the walkway. I had to cut the backs down a bunch and drill new holes. Hinges were bought from nautinox in Italy. Can be found online. They were a bit pricey but customer service was really good and they work great. 

Hi Purdueskier,

Great write up and idea.

Are the Nautinox 2301 hinges what you used for your jump seat modification?

https://www.nautinox.it/en/shop/boat-hinges/boat-hinges-2301/boat-hinges-2301/

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

@Ssh78yes. That is what I used.  I had to cut the length down on the vertical portion to fit the seat correctly but the hinges are great.  Still using the seat today and no issues since the build. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks 

I’ll order a pair. 
Great idea, out of curiosity do they rub on the other trim when operating or if you were to move the jump seat to access the ski locker below?

@Ssh78I had to cut the hinges down a little to better fit the seat.  That also kept them below the radio panel. The seat doesn't rub on the walkway panels or trim as long as it doesn't get pushed too far into the walkway (toward the front of the boat). As long as it sits even with the passenger seat, where it should be, it doesn't rub during operation.  I have been using it for a couple years with no issues. 

• 2 months later...

I feel like buying a LXI just so I could get one of these.  worth a million bucks.  looks really good.  And the 2 two cup holders puts it over the top.

Edited by Blaze

@BuFootin

Thanks for the compliments. Still love this and wouldn't change a thing.  The base is all fiberglass. I had to cut the back off and I cut it just a little lower than the front so when I put the HDPE sheet on it, it was then flush with the top of the front.  The rest of the base is all the same as original height. 

• 1 month later...

@Ssh78. Correct.   The bottom cushion is mounted back in its original location on the fiberglass base so the height matches factory seat. when i cut the back off the fiberglass base it left a hole because the base is hollow.  I cut it down lower than the front (where the bottom cushion sits) so when i put the HDPE sheet it was back to flush allowing the hinge to be level.