Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deckadence Flooring

crod

Considering ordering Deckadence for new 24 MXZ as we had it in a previous MC.  Can’t find any pics of it for Malibu.  Love the product and hope it’s same as I had previously.  Anyone have feedback or pics of it in a newer model?  Thanks!

I don’t blame him for wanting Deckadence. It’s the driest, most stain resistant, easiest to keep clean, mold/stink resistant flooring option out there. If they could find a way to make it as comfortable and visually appealing as SeaDek/Gatorstep, it would be the perfect flooring.

I was told it wasn’t an option as well. I agree on the logo. It was a little harsh. I’ve kind of moved over to the gatorstep camp now though.  I’ve got 4 kids and it seemed more of a hassle to get all the crumbs and things they drop throughout the day clean from the deckadence than it was to just wipe up off the seadek at the end of the day. 

20 hours ago, crod said:

Considering ordering Deckadence for new 24 MXZ as we had it in a previous MC.  Can’t find any pics of it for Malibu.  Love the product and hope it’s same as I had previously.  Anyone have feedback or pics of it in a newer model?  Thanks!

Check out this thread

I have Gatorstep along the bow and the gunwales.  WOrks great to keep from slipping.  But I can't get it clean from a time or two my dog has gotten mud on it.  Therefore I have no desire to have the entire floor of the boat covered with the stuff.  I did the DIY deckadence stuff and LOVE it.  I posted some in the thread above, and still haven't tried everything to get it to stick to the HDPE, but if I do, I may be replacing every bit of carpet in the boat (i.e. the vertical surfaces below the seats).  It is so nice not having a ton of water saturating the boat, or having to remove the carpet to hang and dry every time we take out the boat.

Personally, I much prefer Deckadence over Gatorstep or related products.  Love the plusher look and feel, and you can easily customize it with logos or whatever you want.  Swallows dirt out of sight, until you get ready to take it out, then wash it and vacuum underneath.  Do it yourself options are cheaper and easier by far.  Won't go back.  

Reading the linked threads above makes me want to rip the carpet out of our RLXi and put this stuff in.  The carpet is sill in good shape, but whenever it gets wet, it has a bit of an odor to it and gets stained from the lake water sometimes.  

Have decadence in our 2018 A24.  Coming from carpet in our VLX.  No comparison.  I was able roll it up and hose it out when we had a run of gnats at the river last summer.  Any other flooring (gator, carpet) would have been stained from the dead bugs.  Hose it out, put it back in, just like new.  Would want nothing else.

• 5 months later...

2008 Lsv. Finally replacing original carpet. Curious what others have done. Did you rip out carpet? What is underneath? What did you replace with? Does it look clean.

I’ve been looking into decadence, gator and sea deck. 

Love my decadence.  Every couple months I just roll it up, wash it out, and put it back in.  Takes about 20 minutes and is clean afterwards.  NO STAINING.  Gator and seadek will definitely stain.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...