Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis T22 Ballast ?

RyanCarroll

I have ordered a T22 with PNP and I currently have 2 - Fly High 750lbs and 1 Fly High W711 bow sac.

Should these fit ok or would you recommend the custom fits from wakemakers, etc?

I bought these bags last year for my 23 LSV but traded it in and the T22 is being built now.

ahopkins22LSV

I’m not sure if they will fit the plug in play plumbing locations. I’d ask your dealer if they include PNP bags in the deal. A lot dealers do now and Malibu has specific sizes recommended that the dealers go by. 

Idk how much that bow sack holds but my guess is you won’t need that much. @Raimie can help more with that specific to bow weight she has a 2018 T22 but it’s the same as the 2019 except for PW3

ahopkins22LSV
12 minutes ago, RyanCarroll said:

@ahopkinsVTX Thanks for the reply, the dealer had the option they were just a little more than I wanted to pay. I am thinking to just sell my bags and go with the custom fits to be safe.

I’d say that’s the best option then. Malibu recommends 550’s for the T22 btw. 

In my 18 T22 I run the Axis specific flyhigh 550s and the bow sac which holds around 450lbs. I only Wakeboard though. The first thing I noticed when I tested my boat was the lack of the 100lbs of batteries under the passenger seat since they moved them to the bow. The boat actually felt a bit listed. I run 100lbs of lead in the exact location the batteries used to be and another 300lbs cab forward.100 under the driver side helm, 100 pushed way up on the passenger side storage and another 100 behind the batteries. 

Edited by st22eve

@st22eve That makes sense! I did even think about the batteries being relocated and what that would do to list the boat.

I had planned on getting some lead bags to disperse when it might only be a driver and rider to get the wake to level out.

ahopkins22LSV

I personally think it’s the new high torque props, transmissions and engines that we need in these boats now. The boats the run a 17” prop list at wakeboard speeds of evenly weighted and you have to offset by a few people. Even my vtx lists at ski speeds if evenly weighted. A few years ago some of the props we run were not even here because they are so aggressive. 

1 hour ago, RyanCarroll said:

@ahopkinsVTX Thanks for the reply, the dealer had the option they were just a little more than I wanted to pay. I am thinking to just sell my bags and go with the custom fits to be safe.

Good choice. For rears, I suggest the fly high 750's. They fit really nice in the lockers and produce a killer surf wave. In addition to the bow bag, I use 200 lbs of lead pushed all the way forward in the observers storage compartment.

I went with the recommended 550's in the rear of my T22 along with the custom bow sac (~600lbs) - great set up out of the box for surf or wake.  You won't be missing extra rear weight especially with the power wedge.  What really further improves the wave is some people in the front (more bow weight).  The best surf days I had all summer I ran wedge on 2, max'd my ballast and had about 5 people in the boat (counting the surfer).

So any difference between the Wakemakers custom fit bags and the FatSacs?  Looks like the the FatSacs might be a little more expensive, especially give the TMC discount we get at Wakemakers.  I have a 2018 T22 that I'll be buying PnP for in the next couple of months...

Edited by IndyFerg
2 hours ago, IndyFerg said:

So any difference between the Wakemakers custom fit bags and the FatSacs?  Looks like the the FatSacs might be a little more expensive, especially give the TMC discount we get at Wakemakers.  I have a 2018 T22 that I'll be buying PnP for in the next couple of months...

I would give the edge to flyhigh as far as durability goes, WM does use 1" ports vs flyhigh 3/4" so the drain/fill time may be a bit quicker with WM bags if you were concerned with that. Even though the flyhigh bow bag says it's a 600 it will still only fill to around 450 because of the space. WM's always laser measures compartments and gives true weights for their bags, that's why the T22 bow bag on their sight is listed at 440lbs and not 600. I personally use the flyhighs because they were thrown in by my dealer when I bought the boat.

2 hours ago, IndyFerg said:

I would have gone wakemakers custom, but my dealer installed the flyhighs before delivery.

ahopkins22LSV

@RyanCarroll if you can wait a little bit there has been a request to organize a group buy with wakemakers by some of the members. That’s all of the detail I have right now but I figured I’d let you know. I’ll try to find out more.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:54 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

@RyanCarroll if you can wait a little bit there has been a request to organize a group buy with wakemakers by some of the members. That’s all of the detail I have right now but I figured I’d let you know. I’ll try to find out more.

Heck yeah!  I’d be in on that too...