Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finalizing 2019 25 LSV order - What's your "must have" options and overlooked items?

AdrockTT

13 minutes ago, eubanks said:

:biggrin:  Nobody needs black balls that big.  Also, I don't want to be seen on the water like you with my mouth on those blowing them up!

That's what Gary's for....  :)

1 hour ago, Murphy8166 said:

Bumpers are cute!!!  When you are ready to step up to the biggest, blackest balls on the water....this is what I suggest.  https://babzusa.com/

Just ask Gary Hanson @G Spot how the ladies go crazy when I get my balls out!

Hippity Hop's (in 18 to 24") are only $15 on Amazon.  Hard to pay double for some branding.  Heck.. we ended up getting our current "balls" from Pottery Barn Kids of all places.. they were on the clearance rack for $10 and I couldn't pass that up!

16 hours ago, gregtay said:

Hippity Hop's (in 18 to 24") are only $15 on Amazon.  Hard to pay double for some branding.  Heck.. we ended up getting our current "balls" from Pottery Barn Kids of all places.. they were on the clearance rack for $10 and I couldn't pass that up!

I think the boat balls are a slightly thicker material, but I may have just fallen for expensive marketing.  

1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

I think the boat balls are a slightly thicker material, but I may have just fallen for expensive marketing.  

Sweet cheap replacement for bumpers !

Steve B.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, AdrockTT said:

Awesome, I added them based on recommendations here. Looking forward to using them. Where's best storage fit on the fender part?

This is where I have kept them in the last 2 boats. Easy fast access and just walk on them when moving to bow.image.thumb.png.4a3f8b4456b3abc96889b59fc8cf43f4.png

ahopkins22LSV

I keep my fenders in the rear hatches. With 550’s for plug n play bags there is still enough room to have the bags full and the fenders on top. I think I’m going to pickup two balls for this year too. Can never have too many options. 

On 3/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Murphy8166 said:
On 3/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Murphy8166 said:

Bumpers are cute!!!  When you are ready to step up to the biggest, blackest balls on the water....this is what I suggest.  https://babzusa.com/

Just ask Gary Hanson @G Spot how the ladies go crazy when I get my balls out!

On 3/5/2019 at 3:40 PM, Ronnie said:

We use Fenders when tieing up at docks, Big Ballz when tieing up to other boats. Cleats to tie to docks/boats, not ropes off the Phender Pros.

Hey guys! Just wanted to drop in and touch on a few things I saw mentioned in here. First off, we may be offering another group buy here on TMC within the next 30 days or so. So keep an eye out for that. 

On 3/5/2019 at 4:28 PM, gregtay said:

There is nothing wrong with using the Hippity Hops. I used them myself for many years to tie up in the cove. I remember using Disney princess balls in a pinch on one particular holiday weekend. They definitely work for light use. But in the end, they just can't replace standard fenders. They aren't very durable and just don't last. I also would never trust my boat to HHs anywhere but in a pretty tame cove. But you can't fault the HHs. That just isn't what they're designed for. BABz are designed specifically for boating use in any scenario. At the cove, at the dock, in the slip, or anywhere else you might need protection. I think most wakeboard/wakesurf boat owners are hesitant to think of BABz as a "real" fender as they have a history with the HH balls and think they simply can't handle all the duties of a normal fender. But, I find that the longer someone owns a set of BABz, the more likely they are to toss all their other fenders. BABz are the only fenders on our personal dock on a main channel here on Lake Travis and in my RZ4. They really can be your only set of fenders. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:52 AM, TallRedRider said:

They are. While we have done many things to BABz to make them a true fender, the most noticeable when you take them out of their packing is the thickness. Here is a photo of a cross section of BABz and a competing ball. The standard kids HHs are even thinner than these competitor balls. 

Yi03r8o.jpg

On 3/7/2019 at 1:02 AM, AdrockTT said:

Since everyone has derailed my thread intial discussions on balls...

For those of you looking to bounce boats off your balls...why not get wetsounds ones for less $

https://www.wetsounds.com/WS-BABz-BUMPER

We made these specifically for WetSounds. They are identical to the current BABz we sell except for the logo. Our logo is actually on the rear, just much smaller. The two color logo looks really good in person. They look especially good on those red and black schemed boats. The best price for the original BABz (factoring in shipping) is Amazon where you receive Free 2 day shipping. You can of course order them via our website for the same price + free shipping. But without the 2 day. 

The guys at Wetsounds were great to work with. They are truly a first class company. I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone. 

We have some pretty exciting things in the works here at BABz including a "2.0" version, new colors, and even a "Pro" version designed for much larger boats. I really try to be available on all the boating forums for questions or concerns without coming off as a salesman. I will try to be around as much as I can. But as always please feel free to reach out to me privately. 

Also again, it looks like we will have another group buy here in the near future. 

Edited by BABz
  • Like 2