Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finalizing 2019 25 LSV order - What's your "must have" options and overlooked items?

AdrockTT

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

3 has a VSR which charges both batteries automatically. It gives priority ot the starting battery, but once it has reached the preset charge it begins charging the house battery.

Battery switch is a simple off/on/combined.

Combined is used only if your starting battery has gone flat for some reason.

Battery option 2 you have to choose between batteries to be charged by the alternator.

Battery switch is off/1/2/1+2

Many leave it in 1+2 and you run the risk of running both batteries down if you are sitting in party cove jamming out for an extended period of time.

If this happens when you do get it started back if it is still in 1+2 it puts a huge load on the alternator trying to charge up 2 dead batteries.

So battery option 3 is still 2 batteries but with an automatic perco switch/tender function?

My sales guy seems to think it is 3 batteries? Sounds like he's misinformed...

8 minutes ago, AdrockTT said:

So battery option 3 is still 2 batteries but with an automatic perco switch/tender function?

My sales guy seems to think it is 3 batteries? Sounds like he's misinformed...

Your sales guy is really misinformed.

People hear 3 and automatically assume it means 3 batteries.

ahopkins22LSV
19 minutes ago, AdrockTT said:

Thank you very much for this reply.

1) I was thinking bow cam was prob of limited utility, but you feel totally not worth it? I haven't had the experience yet to try it out or know...

2) We are doing custom cover to include the tower and bimini while deployed + cover further down toward waterline.

3) I thought black on the black deck would blend in best. The plan for the floor was sterling (the lighter grey/silver color) malibu version of gator-step. I'd prefer to skip the install part on my own if possible. From our color set, seems like these should work OK "as is"?

4) Is this available on the smaller 14" wheel package? Do you happen to know the cost? For as little as trailer or care about trailer "bling" the 18" set (and added spare cost too) makes little sense...

1) Honestly the only function I see is if you are sitting at the helm watching the dash in a cover when kids are swimming. And if we are in a cove swimming, I am not sitting at the dash. I am either in the water too or sitting somewhere else. So I'd just skip it.

2) :thumbup:

3) Oh it will look good, I went with the standard grey flooring too and I like that look I was just mentioning it incase you wanted to explore other color options. And I fully understand the "it will be done" reason. There are a lot of things on our boat that we ordered for that reason.

4) No not for the wheels, the color of the light bezel. Cue @IXFE for a picture :). I don't have a good picture of mine.

Edited by ahopkinsVTX
37 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Your sales guy is really misinformed.

People hear 3 and automatically assume it means 3 batteries.

Changed to option 3, guy still has no idea what that is LOL but he said "hey, it's your boat!"

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

1) Honestly the only function I see is if you are sitting at the helm watching the dash in a cover when kids are swimming. And if we are in a cove swimming, I am not sitting at the dash. I am either in the water too or sitting somewhere else. So I'd just skip it.

2) :thumbup:

3) Oh it will look good, I went with the standard grey flooring too and I like that look I was just mentioning it incase you wanted to explore other color options. And I fully understand the "it will be done" reason. There are a lot of things on our boat that we ordered for that reason.

4) No not for the wheels, the color of the light bezel. Cue @IXFE for a picture :). I don't have a good picture of mine.

4) Inquiring now on the color matched light bezels. Wasn't offered to me, but sounds like a nice touch!

I'm down for pics for whoever has this...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, AdrockTT said:

Changed to option 3, guy still has no idea what that is LOL but he said "hey, it's your boat!"

Tell him to go out and take a look at it when it arrives.

Or even better, tell him to call his sales rep so he can be educated, lol.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I do have this picture, and you can semi-see the azure blue light bezels.

IMG_5738.thumb.JPG.62a4fdc7a55377e90219c52c32c58248.JPG

Hell yeah, these are a must! And $187 MSRP addtion - a no brainer. Appreciate this!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Clearly...he said by email "we order them all w battery 2. No idea why you'd need 3 batteries" LOL. ...oh well, just inexperience.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

FWIW, we have had the Phender Pros on several boats now. My wife is the fender hanger when we are approaching a dock or another boat. She would be very upset if I ordered a boat without them after using them. 

I actually purchased after the fact. And as TRR said. I am worried about the pin on the fender. Have you had any problems with the gel from them. 

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

FWIW, we have had the Phender Pros on several boats now. My wife is the fender hanger when we are approaching a dock or another boat. She would be very upset if I ordered a boat without them after using them. 

Same here.  My wife and kids both hang the fenders and love the Phender Pro.  Inexpensive option that makes a big difference in convience for the wife and kids. I’m all about making things as easy as possible for them.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, 23LSVOwner said:

I think maybe this should be reviewed with all the dealers, amoung several other things. I see too many things while helping people with orders on TMC that are not explained or sometimes even offered by dealers.

+1 on Phender Pros.  I am considering "inventing" Phender Tie up Ropes with connections on the boat and dock.  Pop a rope out from under the seat, plug it in on both ends, and you are good to go.  Cleats are so 80's.  :)

1 hour ago, malibudog said:

+1 on Phender Pros.  I am considering "inventing" Phender Tie up Ropes with connections on the boat and dock.  Pop a rope out from under the seat, plug it in on both ends, and you are good to go.  Cleats are so 80's.  :)

I thought of that but I am guessing a mount can't take nearly the same amount of pulling force that a cleat can.  I am guessing PP aren't designed with "pulling/tugging" as part of the plan.  I think you would need to put a bigger washer on the back to spread out the load a bit more if the line started getting yanked on in waves, etc.  But I do think it would work great on a calm day on a calm lake for a floating tie up.

• Like 2
On 3/1/2019 at 7:48 PM, Ronnie said:

I mean you pick up the fender by the pin and stick it in the hole. 

:lol:  This sounds complicated.  Can you give step-by-step instructions?

On 3/4/2019 at 9:22 AM, malibudog said:

Awesome, I added them based on recommendations here. Looking forward to using them. Where's best storage fit on the fender part?

I just bought 2 bumpers from our dealer and plan to put them under the observer's seat along with the anchor.  That's where we put things we don't access very often.

28 minutes ago, eubanks said:

I just bought 2 bumpers from our dealer and plan to put them under the observer's seat along with the anchor.  That's where we put things we don't access very often.

Bumpers are cute!!!  When you are ready to step up to the biggest, blackest balls on the water....this is what I suggest.  https://babzusa.com/

Just ask Gary Hanson @G Spot how the ladies go crazy when I get my balls out!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Murphy8166 said:

Bumpers are cute!!!  When you are ready to step up to the biggest, blackest balls on the water....this is what I suggest.  https://babzusa.com/

Just ask Gary Hanson @G Spot how the ladies go crazy when I get my balls out!

:biggrin:  Nobody needs black balls that big.  Also, I don't want to be seen on the water like you with my mouth on those blowing them up!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eubanks said:

We use Fenders when tieing up at docks, Big Ballz when tieing up to other boats. Cleats to tie to docks/boats, not ropes off the Phender Pros.