Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
AdrockTT

Finalizing 2019 25 LSV order - What's your "must have" options and overlooked items?

Recommended Posts

AdrockTT

About to finalize a 25 LSV order - what are the options not to be missed?

 

Boat will live on a lift 90% of the time, rarely trailer'ed.

Is the trailer shield coating worth it?

Tower mirror vs window mounted? Had window PTM 140 last go around, thinking of trying the tower version...

Padding in the storage areas worth the cost? - seems unnecessary...

 

Current plan to order basic swivel racks, move to the upper spot and add the Roswell Triton racks at the main lower spots. 

Think there would be clearance issues with the Triton racks and 4x Icon 8s or Rev 10s?

 

Appreciate any input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7

For us, the new wakeview seat with table was a must have.  My wife is pumped about that one.  

Post up your build - you got the basics covered like onboard battery charger, 3rd set of cleats, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX

Tower mirror is a must imo. It’s much better then the windshield mount for the driver. 

Id skip the trailer coating. 

Mine other must id have on your build is have the front tower hoop black to match the rest of the tower. Looks way better imo. 

I do regret not ordering the onboard charger for our 2019 20VTX. 

Where do you live? Heater makes those chillier days much more enjoyable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23LSVOwner

Battery option 3. Auto switches between house and starting battery for charging while running (as long as you do not put it in combined).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie
35 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Battery option 3. Auto switches between house and starting battery for charging while running (as long as you do not put it in combined).

 

 

THIS!!

I think this is one of the most over looked options available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TallRedRider
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Battery option 3. Auto switches between house and starting battery for charging while running (as long as you do not put it in combined).

 

 

I am not sure why I skipped this.  I look at that switch and think how worthless it is to have the 1 and 2 stations on it.  I will just be putting it on combined, and keep my battery backup with me if things go dead.  It would be nice to have a combiner/separator.  This comes standard on a G, and it would hardly be any extra  :Tease3:

I went with the good mirror, not that stoopid little window mounted mirror that comes stock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
4 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I am not sure why I skipped this.  I look at that switch and think how worthless it is to have the 1 and 2 stations on it.  I will just be putting it on combined, and keep my battery backup with me if things go dead.  It would be nice to have a combiner/separator.  This comes standard on a G, and it would hardly be any extra  :Tease3:

I went with the good mirror, not that stoopid little window mounted mirror that comes stock.  

Wish I would have know that as well! Oh well. List is growing for the next boat... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sparky450
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Battery option 3. Auto switches between house and starting battery for charging while running (as long as you do not put it in combined).

 

 

I have heard this is actually one of the items causing stereo noise, it causes pops and static when it switches. This is across the brands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eubanks

Phender Pros if you pull up to the dock at all.  This is one of the options I am most excited about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23LSVOwner
49 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I am not sure why I skipped this.  I look at that switch and think how worthless it is to have the 1 and 2 stations on it.  I will just be putting it on combined, and keep my battery backup with me if things go dead.  It would be nice to have a combiner/separator.  This comes standard on a G, and it would hardly be any extra  :Tease3:

I went with the good mirror, not that stoopid little window mounted mirror that comes stock.  

It's not hard to add after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJwakedevil

Load it all up. That looks just like the colorway the wife put together for fun a few months back. We will buy it from you in 5+ :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT
1 hour ago, eubanks said:

Phender Pros if you pull up to the dock at all.  This is one of the options I am most excited about!

Do you have pics, info, details on this? Dealer seemed pretty "meh" on this option, didn't push for it, and is not really part of the plan at the moment. Would love to hear more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT
3 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Battery option 3. Auto switches between house and starting battery for charging while running (as long as you do not put it in combined).

 

 

Thank you, what's the diff between that and battery option 2? I have 2 currently on the build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Tower mirror is a must imo. It’s much better then the windshield mount for the driver. 

Id skip the trailer coating. 

Mine other must id have on your build is have the front tower hoop black to match the rest of the tower. Looks way better imo. 

I do regret not ordering the onboard charger for our 2019 20VTX. 

Where do you live? Heater makes those chillier days much more enjoyable!

Tower mirror (after further thought and research) is added.

Appreciate the insight on trailer coating. Prob not worth it, but was just checking to be sure it isn't life changing.

Doing wireless charging. We're Texas based but with little kids and cold ladies on board, went ahead and did the 5 port heater system too.

We did do tower hoop black - forgot to change in the pic I uploaded.

Edited by AdrockTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT

Here's current build list:

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23LSVOwner

3 has a VSR which charges both batteries automatically. It gives priority ot the starting battery, but once it has reached the preset charge it begins charging the house battery.

 

Battery switch is a simple off/on/combined.

 

Combined is used only if your starting battery has gone flat for some reason.

 

Battery option 2 you have to choose between batteries to be charged by the alternator.

 

Battery switch is off/1/2/1+2

 

Many leave it in 1+2 and you run the risk of running both batteries down if you are sitting in party cove jamming out for an extended period of time.

 

If this happens when you do get it started back if it is still in 1+2 it puts a huge load on the alternator trying to charge up 2 dead batteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TallRedRider
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

It's not hard to add after the fact.

I am the king of this.  There is a detailed thread around here about how I think Nautique didn't do it right, and I fixed it.  It will be another project for me at some point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TallRedRider
2 hours ago, eubanks said:

Phender Pros if you pull up to the dock at all.  This is one of the options I am most excited about!

The metal chunk at the end of the rope that inserts into the Phender pro would become a gel damaging tool with the helpers that I usually have on board.  Am I the only one worried about that?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT
11 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

The metal chunk at the end of the rope that inserts into the Phender pro would become a gel damaging tool with the helpers that I usually have on board.  Am I the only one worried about that?  

I do worry the same from what little I've seen. I have a ton of fenders and bungee type ropes ready to deploy already. Not sure the cost to benefit is really there for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dfowkes
39 minutes ago, AdrockTT said:

Here's current build list:

image.png

Looks great. Enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie

FWIW, we have had the Phender Pros on several boats now. My wife is the fender hanger when we are approaching a dock or another boat. She would be very upset if I ordered a boat without them after using them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
55 minutes ago, AdrockTT said:

Here's current build list:

image.png

That is a very good build. I have a few additional comments that are my personal preference.

1) I would skip the bow camera. I don't personally see a need for it and I trailer every time I use the boat. I also think it is ugly. Keep the rear view camera though!

2) I don't see a cover for the boat on the build sheet. I know you said that it will be on a covered lift so I get that you may not need it, but if you ever sell that would be a huge negative to a potential buyer that will give them a good leg to stand on for negotiating. Plus if you ever decide to vacation with the boat or take it in for service, you are going to wish you had a cover. If you are ordering an aftermarket cover, like EVO, ignore everything I just said about it :)

3) For the top deck kit, Malibu only offers all black IIRC. If that is what you want, then ignore my following suggestion. Gator step offers the top deck kit, or really anything on the boat and you can pick exactly what you want. Maybe even consider this for your floor. Many people who have a dark interior like you have gone with black over silvercloud and it looks BADASS. Might save a buck or two too.

4) Last, and I know you said you don't use your trailer, but I would think about adding Azure blue flake matching light bezels. They are super cheap and they take the trailer to the next level IMO. Future buyers will probably appreciate it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
38 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

The metal chunk at the end of the rope that inserts into the Phender pro would become a gel damaging tool with the helpers that I usually have on board.  Am I the only one worried about that?  

Never understood the appeal.  Tie a loop in your bumper line and you can put it on the cleat in seconds with plenty of room left for a mooring rope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrockTT
9 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That is a very good build. I have a few additional comments that are my personal preference.

1) I would skip the bow camera. I don't personally see a need for it and I trailer every time I use the boat. I also think it is ugly. Keep the rear view camera though!

2) I don't see a cover for the boat on the build sheet. I know you said that it will be on a covered lift so I get that you may not need it, but if you ever sell that would be a huge negative to a potential buyer that will give them a good leg to stand on for negotiating. Plus if you ever decide to vacation with the boat or take it in for service, you are going to wish you had a cover. If you are ordering an aftermarket cover, like EVO, ignore everything I just said about it :)

3) For the top deck kit, Malibu only offers all black IIRC. If that is what you want, then ignore my following suggestion. Gator step offers the top deck kit, or really anything on the boat and you can pick exactly what you want. Maybe even consider this for your floor. Many people who have a dark interior like you have gone with black over silvercloud and it looks BADASS. Might save a buck or two too.

4) Last, and I know you said you don't use your trailer, but I would think about adding Azure blue flake matching light bezels. They are super cheap and they take the trailer to the next level IMO. Future buyers will probably appreciate it.

 

Thank you very much for this reply.

 

1) I was thinking bow cam was prob of limited utility, but you feel totally not worth it? I haven't had the experience yet to try it out or know...

2) We are doing custom cover to include the tower and bimini while deployed + cover further down toward waterline.

3) I thought black on the black deck would blend in best. The plan for the floor was sterling (the lighter grey/silver color) malibu version of gator-step. I'd prefer to skip the install part on my own if possible. From our color set, seems like these should work OK "as is"?

4) Is this available on the smaller 14" wheel package? Do you happen to know the cost? For as little as trailer or care about trailer "bling" the 18" set (and added spare cost too) makes little sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...