Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu M6di motor

kayt425

8 hours ago, dwc032 said:

I can say after 110 hours on my 2020 23 MXZ with the M6, I have gotten this code. It will stay active and not go to inactive.  Then I have to take it to the dealer and have them clear the code. I am told it is a fuel issue, I have told them it has always been ran on super on non-ethanol super.  But the only time the fault code comes on is when its at 1/4 tank of fuel or below. Once its on it will not go above 3k RPM's until I fill the gas tank completely full. Once I fill the tank up, the code is still there, but the engine will operate like normal. They have no answer for me, except to tell me it is an engine update. It is the end of the season, but I have dealt with this code since day one and when the boat had 1 hour on it. Code is a knock retard at limit code. 

IMG_6573.jpeg

Pretty sure there is an ECM update for that.

1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Pretty sure there is an ECM update for that.

Yes there is an ECM update. I had it done on my ‘20 23LSV after getting that code and I know of a couple more that had the update.