Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

F250 vs F350 seriously

ID AX

So I am looking at new trucks and having a hard time finding colors I like locally, in the F250.  Dealer has two F350s in colors I like but I can’t get there until late next week to test drive.  I have read that the ride is much stiffer and have read that it’s not.  :Frustrated:Does it even matter if I am going to level with a good leveling setup? 

Since I only trust the people I don’t know here, does anyone have real world experience with ‘17+ F250 vs F350.  Looks like I will pay pretty close to the same price for either base truck and then price will just depend on options.  Looking at platinum either way with the platinum ultimate package.  

Disclaimer: this is a “work” truck and my company is providing it. I don’t need a 3/4 or 1 ton but not going to turn it down either. I know, first world problems :whistle:

I looked at the differences at lunch, it seems the only thing different is the suspension. The 350 can haul up to 3k more, that's a bunch. I'd be concerned for ride comfort at that point, unless of course you are planning to drive around with a pallet of brick in the trunk.

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Why would you level a work truck?

“Work” truck.  I will put air bags on it and prob tow over 10k a few times a year.  And it’s a personal preference.  I’m not a fan of the stink bug look   

10 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

The f350 literally feels like it skips down the highway. Needs weight in the bed. A good bit of it. 

That’s what I’m afraid of.  

Edited by ID AX

My partner just got a 2019 F350 platinum that is leveled and 35" BFG KO2's and 20" stock wheels. Let's just say I have pretty serious truck envy right now...!

Regarding the ride quality, it's great so long as the road is good. Go over some speed bumps or hit pot holes and you will know real quick that you're in a 1 ton truck. Everyday driving and freeway driving though, it's no worse then my half ton Tundra...granted it's leveled and has airbags so it's not the smoothest ride anymore.

22 hours ago, jetskipro550 said:

My partner just got a 2019 F350 platinum that is leveled and 35" BFG KO2's and 20" stock wheels. Let's just say I have pretty serious truck envy right now...!

Regarding the ride quality, it's great so long as the road is good. Go over some speed bumps or hit pot holes and you will know real quick that you're in a 1 ton truck. Everyday driving and freeway driving though, it's no worse then my half ton Tundra...granted it's leveled and has airbags so it's not the smoothest ride anymore.

My buddies is leveled and on 37” tires. And bridges and overpasses suck! Will jar your eye teeth. My dodge and Duramax duallys were not nearly like that. Helped a lot when he put 100gallons of diesel back there. 

• 3 weeks later...

No firsthand experience with the new trucks, as mine is an 05 F350, but keep in mind that the 250/2500 series trucks are capped at a GVWR of 10,000 lbs.  Once you load up a 250/2500 with the diesel, toys, fuel, people, and the tongue weight of the boat, you can be pushing the legal useful load of the truck.  The towing capacities are amazing nowadays, but the actual legal load on the two axles of the truck haven't gone up.  Since there's no WDH setup on the boat trailers, at least that I've seen, and the boats getting heavier and heavier and more on the tongue weight, I like my F350 and having a GVWR of 11,500.  Just something to think about.

12 hours ago, ID AX said:

I apologize for not updating this thread.  I ended up with an F350.  The dealer was aggressive and got the price where I was happy.  I absolutely love this thing!

97A2D66E-028E-4CB3-BE0E-132B4FF592C3.thumb.png.34d47bc1360ed987d1d9da739880212f.pngE3299B88-5DDB-4A43-BAA2-A82112AA2F83.jpeg.a82dd23a918f57d1fe2ca1de744b5f02.jpeg

🔥💦💦

• Like 1

Truck goes in on Wednesday for 2” bds level with adj track bar and new track bar mounts.  I almost went with the radial arm kit but would’ve gone 4” and 37s.  I am going to be happy to have the level with nitto RGs in a 35x12.50 f rated.  That makes them a true 35x12.5.  Undercover ultra flex and tint to round it out.  The boat comes out in a couple weeks and we will see if I have any sag, due to level kit.  Air bags are easy and fairly inexpensive if necessary.  

I'm a GM guy, but that interior looks really nice.  Great job.  

And now the fun starts.  A nice 14k dump trailer to haul anything you want will change your life.  

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

I'm a GM guy, but that interior looks really nice.  Great job.  

And now the fun starts.  A nice 14k dump trailer to haul anything you want will change your life.  

That was one of the reasons for the bigger truck.  We have a 30’ beaver tail and a 14k dump trailer.  

• Like 2