Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker Brackets

crod

Just bought a 2019 24MXZ without tower speakers and will be adding one pair of REV10s.  Anyone know which bracket to use for installation?  I've read where a lot of people seem to like the dual bracket as it apparently gets the speaker higher and up out of the way.  Does it look awkward using a dual bracket for one pair?  If anyone has any pics close up that would help me i'm sure.  Appreciate the input.

Thanks.

I have a surf pipe so should help a lot.  I’m struggling with which bracket to use.  I have a white tower and dual and single mounts only polish or black.  Like the idea of dual bracket to get them higher but don’t want polished bracket showing down the tower without speaker on it and open hole.  Does single mount look goofy or misplaced on the tower?  I would assume single mount is lower position in the dual bracket?  Thanks for thoughts on this.  Want it to look right!

This is the setup I use. I made a couple of dozen sets of these brackets back in 2010 before Wetsounds or anyone else had tower speaker adapters for the G3. All that was available were the shelves Malibu still uses. They were made for 7.7" speakers so they will not hold two Rev10's. They do mount one pair of Rev10's very high on the tower though. I use the bottom mount for courtesy lights for unloading the boat at night. There were a few sets of these still around at a couple of places last I heard. I think MLA had a couple of sets and Earmark in Dallas had some. I have a personal stash but I'm not selling. The Wetsounds dual bracket pictured above will work just fine as well. They are very similar to the ones I use. That would be my suggestion. Call your Wetsounds dealer and get you some.

IMG_0053_2_2.JPG

IMG_0052 2 2.JPG

IMG_9429.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 4:24 PM, crod said:

Thanks - going with the dual bracket and going to get brackets powder coated white to match the tower as well as bought some "tabs" to cover the holes.  Thanks

A y idea what powder coating will cost?  Is it easier(more cost efficient) to powder cost over the black or polished bracket?  In the same predicament myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

i just powder coated both of my dual brackets white and it cost a total of $40!  Looks awesome.  Bought some rubber plugs from a hardware store to cap off the other hole for the other set of speakers (you would use if you had 2 pair) and done!  Boat at dealer but when I get it back i'll post a pic.