Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ride Behind a New Boat Intro.

Woodski

So, Brand N has released a new model ski tug which has been getting a fair amount of buzz.  CC is doing a pretty sweet marketing move, allowing skiers to sign up for a 30 minute session behind the boat and providing some pro level coaching at top level ski sites across the country.  Pretty nice opportunity and one can see slots are filling fast, not only to ski a new tug release but also to meet and get some coaching from their top pro skiers.  Brand M did that a few years ago when the then new PS was released.

11 minutes ago, Woodski said:

So, Brand N has released a new model ski tug which has been getting a fair amount of buzz.  CC is doing a pretty sweet marketing move, allowing skiers to sign up for a 30 minute session behind the boat and providing some pro level coaching at top level ski sites across the country.  Pretty nice opportunity and one can see slots are filling fast, not only to ski a new tug release but also to meet and get some coaching from their top pro skiers.  Brand M did that a few years ago when the then new PS was released.

I tried to get a slot with Silver Spray......I know Nate is going to be there, but the slots are full, as I understand it.  

I took a good long look at the new tug at the boat show and it's an impressive boat.  The features are awesome, ergonomics are awesome, and I think it looks amazing.  It took some getting used to from an aesthetics perspective, but it's grown on me tremendously.  Also, I find it interesting that they're keeping the SN200 and re-marketing it.  I think that boat will continue to be a strong seller for the DD crowd looking for an OB 3-event tug.   The SN200 is a fantastic boat in its own right.

Nautique did this last year as well.   The place they had the one I went to (Indiana) was a public lake and it was virtually un-skiable because of the boat wake.  Needless to say they have cut that location this year.   I signed up for a spot in Illinois.