Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing dash and driver side panels on 2006 Lxi

SaffaMalibu

Can someone explain how I go about removing the dash and driver side upholstered panels on our 2006 Lxi so that we can have sections re-upholstered. Photos would be a help

Dash is a pain. The gauge cluster comes out via the screws you can see. If i recall coreectly its one screw that goes up into the dash, and the two screws of he maibu emblem. The dash probably requires the windshield to come off. I had to pull it to replace the speakers. Don't break the windshield, they are getting really hard to find. The rest of the dash required removing several bolts and screws from under the dash area, its not a very fun job, but not super hard. Extra set of hand makes a big difference. 

The side panels have bolts mounted in them, they come off by removing the nuts from behind. Its a real pain. I recomend taking the driver seat out for your sanity. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, asnowman said:

Dash is a pain. The gauge cluster comes out via the screws you can see. If i recall coreectly its one screw that goes up into the dash, and the two screws of he maibu emblem. The dash probably requires the windshield to come off. I had to pull it to replace the speakers. Don't break the windshield, they are getting really hard to find. The rest of the dash required removing several bolts and screws from under the dash area, its not a very fun job, but not super hard. Extra set of hand makes a big difference. 

The side panels have bolts mounted in them, they come off by removing the nuts from behind. Its a real pain. I recomend taking the driver seat out for your sanity. 

Absolutely accurate from my experience.  I found that taking the windshield out was a total PITA.  The fasteners were inconsistent.  Some screws and some bolts.  Same with the dash as you mentioned.  Not something I want to do again.