Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 24 Wakesetter LSV with 383 Hamerhead Motor

Aaron78

Hi everyone, I’m looking at the above boat and wanted to get some feed back about the boat overall especially the motor. 

The motor has 264 hours on it. Looks like in decent condition and it’s at a dealership and will be looking at this week.

Any advice, feedback or suggestions on what to look for while looking at the boat would be appreciated.

First wakeboarding boat.

Thanks 

Is that my old boat?  I owned a 2006 247 with the HH.  I had to replace the ECM so the hour meter went to zero when I did that.  

Despite some people having fears about it, it was a great motor for me.  They can use some oil, so check oil regularly.  I added a quart after 25 hours, then changed it every 50.  If it is at a dealership, have them run the compression and leak down test on it and use the heck out of it.  

Agree with @TallRedRider.  I had a 07 23 with hammerhead.  Same thing, used about half a quart 25 hours into 50 hour oil changes.  Also likes a little more oil than what stock dipstick says is full so as to not give you an oil presssure alarm.......lot of info about that on here somewhere.  Mine had 775 hours on it and ran like a top when I sold last year.  I liked my Hammerhead!!!

I got a buddy with that motor in a 2007 247.  It has always been a solid performer.  He had some issues one year, but it was ECM related I believe and nothing to do with the mechanicals of the motor.