Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thruster

Dunski

@smileysteve

i wonder if you mounted two of those robot units to a bracket and then hung them just below the swim step! I have a GSA so there is space I think.. then simply wired a momentarily port/starboard switch to control them... realistically at docking speeds which are slow.... perhaps it enough power with two?.. they are so small you could mount a row of three:)... 75 amp draw though??

• 4 months later...

Did anyone pull the trigger on this?  If so, where did you purchase the thruster kit, what was the cost, did you install it yourself, how long to install or what did it cost to pay someone to install and finally, does it do a good job or is it not worth the time and money?  Please advise.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Setter2016 said:

Did anyone pull the trigger on this?  If so, where did you purchase the thruster kit, what was the cost, did you install it yourself, how long to install or what did it cost to pay someone to install and finally, does it do a good job or is it not worth the time and money?  Please advise.  Thanks.

@LucasC added it. I ordered the kit but won't get to do my install until the spring. He posted about it, the only difference, the newer kits have the option for a joystick or throttle mount control. It is the same unit available on the 2020 models.