Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

24 MXZ or G23

cptotr

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Say it ain't so!... I would find this hard to believe? Nearly all boats except the 25? Thats a Big Fail if true... 

I was also told they were no longer available. I wanted them. In 11 years and 1200 hours that was the only vinyl i had to replace. Supposedly they did not get enough interest to continue building them.

8 hours ago, lerch said:

Couple items to consider between a new 25 lsv and 24 mxz. The cabin space between the two is nearly identical. Demoed the new 25 last fall and took a bunch of measurements of it and my 24 mxz in the garage because after demoing the 25 cabin just did not feel that much bigger. Found that the cabin length is within and inch or two and width is identical if not slightly wider for the mxz. So the old trade off of cabin vs bow space really is not there anymore with these two new models. 

looking at the website it does look like the mx woudl have slightly smaller cabin? maybe not if considering the 25 has new console , 25 has two flips up seats on pass side and mxz only one with longer back seat.

so i took the photos of malibu website: (slight problem) they are both SAME size pixle photos 1200x492

so when you drag them into photoshop they are both equal Lengths (which we know not the case) is the 24mxz actually 24.00 or 24+ change?

the middle MXZ is sized to about 24ft best i can get in photoshop measuring swim platforms (assuming those are the same) i put some guide lines for comparison, there does not seem to be that much difference but the 25 does appear to be a tiny bit larger, but loss console space etc.. the windshield on 25 is more fwd then mxz..  

i lined up the start of the back seats for the 25 and the estimated re-size of the mxz below it to compare cabin space

anyhow hope it helps, i was curious myself. 

24mx vs 25lsv.PNG

Edited by The Hulk

It's fairly common knowledge that the MXZ lineup has the windshield pushed back slightly. Larger bow, slightly less cabin space. Same with Axis on the T vs A series.

Chicks dig big bows.

Edited by boardjnky4
On 2/28/2019 at 10:34 AM, The Hulk said:

now if only they would chop off those darn forks like below!

mxz-bow-fix.jpg

100% agree. I’d get in the truck right now and go buy one. 

Edited by cptotr
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, NWBU said:

Looks much better this way.

Pretty sure the 24 MXZ is 24’5”, although some dealers say 24’6”.

that makes sense, sizing in photshop the dims worked out about 1/2 foot shorter , but resizing to 24.00 seemed a bit out of size,

if thats the case the difference is even less and the cabins are very very similar. 

why did malibu rid of their boat specs on their website? or are they hidden somewhere? 

Edited by The Hulk
3 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I was also told they were no longer available. I wanted them. In 11 years and 1200 hours that was the only vinyl i had to replace. Supposedly they did not get enough interest to continue building them.

Does this mean the flip down seats are no longer avail for all boats or just the 25? It was still on the order sheet for a 23 last week, curious if something changed.

3 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Does this mean the flip down seats are no longer avail for all boats or just the 25? It was still on the order sheet for a 23 last week, curious if something changed.

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

that makes sense, sizing in photshop the dims worked out about 1/2 foot shorter , but resizing to 24.00 seemed a bit out of size,

if thats the case the difference is even less and the cabins are very very similar. 

why did malibu rid of their boat specs on their website? or are they hidden somewhere? 

If you click to compare models it pops up all the specs for each boat.

I know the flip down seats are still an option on the 24 mxz and believe they are on the other lsv (except 25) models and the 22 mxz.

Hulks image comparisons are interesting and align with what I measured. Several interior cabin measurements showed they were nearly equal for that part of the boats. Obseverver seatback to tear corner seatback with within 1-2” of each other accounting for measurement error. 

Overall exterior height hull and top deck are interior depths are about the same as well. 

16 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Just the 25LSV because of the shape of the rear seats - they are contoured, not flat like the other models.

18 minutes ago, chantel said:

Just the 25LSV because of the shape of the rear seats - they are contoured, not flat like the other models.

That's not what this pic looks like.  It looks squared off to me.

image.png.4d18f1bd6e6495dd4c0aefff2e35f27f.png

Edited by inlandlaker
46 minutes ago, chantel said:

IF it is gone from just the new 25LSV I am guessing it was design issue that wasn't working well not "because people didn't want it."  But I am not sure how the rear seats were any different from other boats other than being slightly bolstered

1 hour ago, lerch said:

I know the flip down seats are still an option on the 24 mxz and believe they are on the other lsv (except 25) models and the 22 mxz.

Hulks image comparisons are interesting and align with what I measured. Several interior cabin measurements showed they were nearly equal for that part of the boats. Obseverver seatback to tear corner seatback with within 1-2” of each other accounting for measurement error. 

Overall exterior height hull and top deck are interior depths are about the same as well. 

Agree .. Sizing to 24,5 or 24,6 brings cabin space difference like within few inches, impossible to tell via Photoshop and camera angles at that point but guessing mxz is about 2" smaller at most as u have said

Edited by The Hulk
7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Based on the seat Gap does not appear that the new table option is available on the MXZ? 

Correct. New wakeview bench seat and table option exclusive to the new 25LSV.  Suspect it will be incorporated into next gen models like 24 mxz when it goes through next redesign.

17 hours ago, chantel said:

Bingo! Check out the contour of the new 25 LSV seat backs. Kinda addresses all the hate Malibu for when they squared off the corners. Can’t have it both ways. You either get the fold down seatbacks that are thin and squared off, or you get a thicker, rounded, contoured seatback that can’t be folded down. Choice is a wonderful thing!

AAF7C769-D1B7-45F4-99BF-26A28F899029.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

Lets note too that on the older boats, the bead seam was more in the area that is stepped on. With the new style interiors, the bead seam has been moved more to the edge of the seat where you don't step on it entering or exiting the boat from that area.

Still looks vulnerable to me, I am now re doing my tranny cushion with factory OEM vinyl and OEM 2 part foam , removing the bolster and piping so I never have to deal with it again 

plan on keeping it fir any other cushions replaced , since the tranny step cushion is in the middle the symmetry of cabin shouldn’t be disrupted much 

ahopkins22LSV

@IXFE I was just about to say the same thing, man people forget so fast! It was only 2017 when everyone was up in arms about the squared off interior!

I honestly found the flip down step seat useful once, and that was during a Polar Bear event in December. People were getting in and out of the boats with shoes/boots on and it prevented them from stepping on the vinyl.

Edited by ahopkinsVTX

A lot of good points to consider.  I went ahead and started the process of talking with the dealer and think I’m leaning towards the mxz at this point.  I just think the few extra features mentioned make the boat a little more user friendly and worth it to me to spend the extra money on it over the lsv.  Not 100% sure I’m going that way yet.  Going to try and confirm at the boat show this week.  We’re working through some of the details right now and I’m trying to figure out a few of the options I’m not sure on.  I’ll be moving to a new boat again in the next year or two at the most, so don’t want to waste money on too many unnecessary options.  Ther GX tower is about the only one that I really think I’m leaning towards that I’m pretty certain is not the smartest from the resale side, but probably worth it to me for the usability.  I’ll probably be getting 2 sets of board racks anyways.  What’s the difference on a gen 2 vs a gen 3 Bimini? Quite a big difference in price between the two, but wasn’t sure what’s different about it.  Also a pretty good jump in price between the rev 10’s and icon 8’s.  Is there that big of a difference in sound or will the 8’s be sufficient?  What’s the verdict on the flip down swim step? I don’t see myself really needing or wanting it, but didn’t know if it will mean anything to the next buyer. 

24 minutes ago, cptotr said:

A lot of good points to consider.  I went ahead and started the process of talking with the dealer and think I’m leaning towards the mxz at this point.  I just think the few extra features mentioned make the boat a little more user friendly and worth it to me to spend the extra money on it over the lsv.  Not 100% sure I’m going that way yet.  Going to try and confirm at the boat show this week.  We’re working through some of the details right now and I’m trying to figure out a few of the options I’m not sure on.  I’ll be moving to a new boat again in the next year or two at the most, so don’t want to waste money on too many unnecessary options.  Ther GX tower is about the only one that I really think I’m leaning towards that I’m pretty certain is not the smartest from the resale side, but probably worth it to me for the usability.  I’ll probably be getting 2 sets of board racks anyways.  What’s the difference on a gen 2 vs a gen 3 Bimini? Quite a big difference in price between the two, but wasn’t sure what’s different about it.  Also a pretty good jump in price between the rev 10’s and icon 8’s.  Is there that big of a difference in sound or will the 8’s be sufficient?  What’s the verdict on the flip down swim step? I don’t see myself really needing or wanting it, but didn’t know if it will mean anything to the next buyer. 

Gen 3 is for the Gx, Gen 2 is for the G3.

Ok.  Thanks. Any differences between the coverage or operation between the two? By the time you add the $1400 for that and the $600 for the different cover the gx price keeps climbing