Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

illusion X tower crack cracked my repair process ( PIX)

adam911

Hello guys this is a picture explanation of my welder guy repairing my illusion x tower for my 06 malibu  , many of you may know that these towers aren't built to strong and constantly snap so I will try to provide as much info as possible . you can see in the pictures my guy put tubes inside the tower and screw them in and then joined the tower together before screwing them both ends together and then welding it and shaving the extra off . after this was all done i had the tower sand blasted and had it powder coated and now the tower looks like it was never tampered with and looks original , let me know if you guys have any questions im located in Washington and can help with your tower if it snaps/cracks thanks and enjoy .

ZqwH8yv.jpg

B8JEbCb.jpg

rXdDkTT.jpg

gmSTWCS.jpg

AkZDWJp.jpg

y58sX9b.jpg

WjuuLuu.jpg

FPdGH72.jpg

I22ADzh.jpg

W3ILz9w.jpg

EQULAQv.jpg

JOGW3Z7.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

Would LOVE to hear more about how you managed to do this.  I just discovered a pretty significant structural crack in the Illusion tower on my 2007 Wakesetter 23 LSV, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are for repair/replace... and I'm on Lake Sammamish as well!

Edited by CCP
added location
  • 4 weeks later...

The jig shots are great.  Do you happen to know the measurement between tabs at the bottom?  I have same year 23 lsv and need to do same.  My Problem is I took the tower off and the boat is in a warehouse for the winter

• 3 months later...