Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV’s - which one?

OnTheWater

4 hours ago, OnTheWater said:

If I go with the blue, which I think I am leaning towards(I like the looks of the red better, but the hours and options seem like they should carry more weight and both look great), then what impact will the high-altitude prop(1235) versus the 2419 have at 760’?  Edge on top speed?  I know I can swap it out, but is it something that is a must switch out?  (Btw - not making my decision on the prop, just want to understand it better).  Thanks!

I prefer the blue, and the hours and options are a plus, but color choice is important. I have traded in two boats before two years and I think color had a lot to do with it. I like blue and I am not really a fan of red or yellow, but the two boats I kept for a short time had some red and yellow in them. The boats I have kept for several years were the one's with the color scheme I really liked. 

They are so similar there is only one way to compare them. Go look at both and compare the two. Some high hour boats are in much better shape than low hour, or maybe you prefer the look of one in person. 

1 hour ago, bbattiste247 said:

I prefer the blue, and the hours and options are a plus, but color choice is important. I have traded in two boats before two years and I think color had a lot to do with it. I like blue and I am not really a fan of red or yellow, but the two boats I kept for a short time had some red and yellow in them. The boats I have kept for several years were the one's with the color scheme I really liked. 

Yeah, I agree.  The family(and my wife) are voting red over blue, based on pics. I told the seller I’d decide when I see them and then take that one out for the test.  

4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

And you make dealer swap props to get the best option if there not on consignment to him 

He said he’ll swap them, if I go blue.  Between the 2(1235 and 2419), the 2419 seems like the better bet, right?  Family of 8, surfing(and tubing 🤓).

ahopkins22LSV

5 year bow to stern warranty, power wedge 3, nicer stereo, nicer flooring (if there is soft grip in it), and it’s on its second hull design since surf gate came out so it’s more designed around surf gate. I’d most definitely consider it!

We had the 6.0 410 on our 15 LSV. It came with a 1235. We changed it to a 2315. Both low end torque and surf rpms benefited. Top speed was reduced by about 1.5 mph. I felt the investment and results were totally worth it. That said, I wouldn’t wanted to go more aggressive with it.

@gdmatson - thanks!  He doesn’t have a 2315, but he’ll put either the 1235 or 2419 on whichever I buy.  Thinking I’ll go 2419 between the 2 and then purchase a 2315, if I feel it’s necessary.  Sound like the better choice of the 2?

• Like 2

The 1235 was really good and I kept it as a spare. Never tried the 2419 and don’t know how it compares to the 2315. I don’t think I would choose that one if it’s more aggressive than a 2315.  We only needed the 2315 if we had a lot of people. The 410 would struggle with a full boat when surfing on the 1235. With a normal crew we never had a issue. Had the boat fully loaded with the 2315 and it maxed out the 410, but it didn’t struggle. Hope that makes sense and helps.

On 2/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, OnTheWater said:

He said he’ll swap them, if I go blue.  Between the 2(1235 and 2419), the 2419 seems like the better bet, right?  Family of 8, surfing(and tubing 🤓).

No doubt that’s a crew a big crew on top of full ballast and you could have a issue gettung to surf speed 

its your cruising fir distance that would be negatively affected by that prop cause high rpms to cruise higher speeds 

now you get a 2315 or 2313 fir main prop and possibly use 2419 for spare when you buy 2nd prop

Edited by granddaddy55
On 2/24/2019 at 8:00 AM, OnTheWater said:

Any thoughts on whether I should let a 2019 Axis A22 be in the discussion, if it were comparable price?  

This all day, no question , with lift mode may not need too aggressive of a prop , new boat, 5 year warranty , this is s now brainer except possibly sales tax 

are the other two on consignment , if so possibly private sale with no tax, but new boat would be worth the tax 

Edited by granddaddy55

Do both come with the PTM racks?  I see them on the blue but nothing attached to the tower for the red.  If he is swapping props around I'd get them on whatever boat you go for too.

I am glad it is going to another crew member and hope it gives your family as much enjoyment as it did mine.  I just wish the path to the ramp wouldn’t have been iced over so I could have it on its way to you already 

303B5E28-67F7-4A97-9D7A-C93D6CE9FDA5.jpeg

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 2

Nice pick! Welcome to Denver of the east! if you haven't figured it out there are a few folks on TMC who live in and around Denver and LKN. We used to get out on the water together at least once a week, but that has slower over the last year or two due to family stuff. :( Hoping to get that back going this summer if possible.. let me know if you want to try to get out on occasion., or reach out to Ndawg12 and he will tell you all the LKN secrets!