Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu M5Di specs

ctvandy23

Crickets. I have been asking as well, still too early for anyone to get in one I imagine. 5.3L, 350 hp and depending on who you ask either a 1:76 or 2:1 trans ratio. I haven’t seen or found any figures on torque yet. Two consistent claims are: it is very quiet and is a lot more fuel efficient than previous motors. Mine sprays the 27th, doubt I will get it wet until the end of March if that.

I also really wish there was a bit more info on the new motor.  It is a crazy to check a box on an order sheet with a new motor with minimal info.. basically just the 1 pager marketing overview. Oh... other than "quieter" and "better fuel economy"  Fingers crossed it is good!

Man that would be awesome if you could get some pics of mine. My company planned a meeting the same week mine is being built. Mine is 22mxz all black with the new blue color and tan interior. Here are pictures from the boat builder!

7D888F1D-47F7-4CDA-9669-205009171959.jpeg

20485E75-7AB5-4678-9FA7-198F384E1086.png

Edited by Peebalz
5 hours ago, wdr said:

I am heading down the week of the 4th to do the tour and see what I can of mine. What colors and boat am I looking for? I will try and get some pics

I will keep an eye out for her and if I dont have to sign an NDA to take pictures I will get you some if I see it.

how is the M6 only 400 HP? The smallest motor in the big boats just a few years back was the Monsoon 409. So was that motor over rated? Or is this huge power advantage supposed to be all in the extra 50 ft lbs of torque?

I don’t know but the Raptor wasn’t high HP and it’s torque pushes us around just fine.  I bet with the new tranny ratios and larger props,actual engine output is being tuned for efficiency as well.  

38 minutes ago, Orangemxz said:

how is the M6 only 400 HP? The smallest motor in the big boats just a few years back was the Monsoon 409. So was that motor over rated? Or is this huge power advantage supposed to be all in the extra 50 ft lbs of torque?

The 2015 Indmar Monsoon 409 in Malibu boats, or the 2015-2019 Pleasurecraft Monsoon 409 in Axis boats (and 2019 Malibu) are not really 409 horsepower.  According to CARB they were rated at 270-271 KW, or about 363 HP.  The Malibu M6 is CARB rated at 301 KW or about 403 HP.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Orangemxz said:

That's a little weird.  The PCM version of that engine is 450HP/465 ft/-lbs. of torque.  

57 minutes ago, csleaver said:

The 2015 Indmar Monsoon 409 in Malibu boats, or the 2015-2019 Pleasurecraft Monsoon 409 in Axis boats (and 2019 Malibu) are not really 409 horsepower.  According to CARB they were rated at 270-271 KW, or about 363 HP.  The Malibu M6 is CARB rated at 301 KW or about 403 HP.

Correct. The 409 is referring to torque, not HP. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

Correct. The 409 is referring to torque, not HP. 

According to GM, the L96 produces 360 HP at 5400 RPM and 380 LB-FT of torque at 4200 RPM, so I think the 409 is simply referring to an arbitrary model designation, and nothing more.