Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
ctvandy23

Malibu M5Di specs

ctvandy23

This may have already been asked and answered but does anyone know the specs on the new M5Di motor?  How does it compare to the  Monsoon 410?

hethj7

All I have seen is ratings of 350HP.  Not sure of other specs.  

wdr

Crickets. I have been asking as well, still too early for anyone to get in one I imagine. 5.3L, 350 hp and depending on who you ask either a 1:76 or 2:1 trans ratio. I haven’t seen or found any figures on torque yet. Two consistent claims are: it is very quiet and is a lot more fuel efficient than previous motors. Mine sprays the 27th, doubt I will get it wet until the end of March if that.

gregtay

I also really wish there was a bit more info on the new motor.  It is a crazy to check a box on an order sheet with a new motor with minimal info.. basically just the 1 pager marketing overview. Oh... other than "quieter" and "better fuel economy"  Fingers crossed it is good!

Ronnie

hethj7

Not exactly the info folks are looking for, but I have never seen this posted here before from last falls investor presentation.  

3A6965C0-3519-4A85-B6D1-FC250B9AB29E.png

6867D198-F717-44CE-97DB-D677B2E05CEC.png

5502F86D-EAEF-4E5C-8E3F-644A3112EB83.png

B5CD8913-D176-4E60-987E-BA4B36ED0101.png

gregtay
7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

C9687258-DB56-457D-A92B-981A338E3CFC.jpeg

029D8483-A115-4525-B222-17079EFDE70B.jpeg

Yep,  Seen that.. and that is all I have seen.

Edited by gregtay

eubanks

Pick mine up next Friday and will let you know. 😉

Peebalz

I get mine the 3rd week of March and will chime in at that point as well. I imagine there will be LOTS of feedback in the 4-5 weeks.

wdr
12 minutes ago, Peebalz said:

I get mine the 3rd week of March and will chime in at that point as well. I imagine there will be LOTS of feedback in the 4-5 weeks.

Doing a tour?

Peebalz
4 hours ago, wdr said:

Doing a tour?

I wish. I just meant that there will be a lot of new engines in the water over the next month.  There a lot of folks on here spraying in March.

wdr
13 hours ago, Peebalz said:

Doing a tour?

wdr

I am heading down the week of the 4th to do the tour and see what I can of mine. What colors and boat am I looking for? I will try and get some pics

Peebalz

Man that would be awesome if you could get some pics of mine. My company planned a meeting the same week mine is being built. Mine is 22mxz all black with the new blue color and tan interior. Here are pictures from the boat builder!

7D888F1D-47F7-4CDA-9669-205009171959.jpeg

20485E75-7AB5-4678-9FA7-198F384E1086.png

Edited by Peebalz

wdr
5 hours ago, wdr said:

I am heading down the week of the 4th to do the tour and see what I can of mine. What colors and boat am I looking for? I will try and get some pics

I will keep an eye out for her and if I dont have to sign an NDA to take pictures I will get you some if I see it.

Orangemxz

how is the M6 only 400 HP? The smallest motor in the big boats just a few years back was the Monsoon 409. So was that motor over rated? Or is this huge power advantage supposed to be all in the extra 50 ft lbs of torque?

hethj7

I don’t know but the Raptor wasn’t high HP and it’s torque pushes us around just fine.  I bet with the new tranny ratios and larger props,actual engine output is being tuned for efficiency as well.  

csleaver
38 minutes ago, Orangemxz said:

how is the M6 only 400 HP? The smallest motor in the big boats just a few years back was the Monsoon 409. So was that motor over rated? Or is this huge power advantage supposed to be all in the extra 50 ft lbs of torque?

The 2015 Indmar Monsoon 409 in Malibu boats, or the 2015-2019 Pleasurecraft Monsoon 409 in Axis boats (and 2019 Malibu) are not really 409 horsepower.  According to CARB they were rated at 270-271 KW, or about 363 HP.  The Malibu M6 is CARB rated at 301 KW or about 403 HP.

jjackkrash
1 hour ago, Orangemxz said:

That's a little weird.  The PCM version of that engine is 450HP/465 ft/-lbs. of torque.  

csleaver
38 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

That's a little weird.  The PCM version of that engine is 450HP/465 ft/-lbs. of torque.  

According to CARB, the 2019 Pleasurecraft 6.2 D6 is 291 KW or 390 HP.

IndyFerg
57 minutes ago, csleaver said:

The 2015 Indmar Monsoon 409 in Malibu boats, or the 2015-2019 Pleasurecraft Monsoon 409 in Axis boats (and 2019 Malibu) are not really 409 horsepower.  According to CARB they were rated at 270-271 KW, or about 363 HP.  The Malibu M6 is CARB rated at 301 KW or about 403 HP.

Correct. The 409 is referring to torque, not HP. 

csleaver
7 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

Correct. The 409 is referring to torque, not HP. 

According to GM, the L96 produces 360 HP at 5400 RPM and 380 LB-FT of torque at 4200 RPM, so I think the 409 is simply referring to an arbitrary model designation, and nothing more.

Orangemxz

hmm good info. Always thought that meant HP. thanks

Steve B.

Didnt read all of the posts. Um, just surprised no ones demo'd boats with these engines ? Specs look nice though. 

Steve B.