Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Malibu 25LSV maiden voyage

Dfowkes

16 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I have also noticed that when the bow tanks are full and the rear sacs are filling, the bow seems to nearly drown itself. I have to fill the rear tanks first, or I take on some water over the bow.

Yes the front does sit low til the rear fills. I have not had the need to fill the rear first, YET!

9 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

I spoke with Jared at www.leadwake.com in great detail about this gangsta lean.  He says this is not just a problem we are noticing with Malibu.  Nautique and Centurion have had and are having the same issues.  He has been selling lots of bags to compensate for this phenomenon.  It's the 2 to 1 transmissions with the more torque DI motors and the 17 in props.  Personally I think its a non issue.  I run lots of lead. 

Centurion does not have this problem, I drive them everyday. Centurion tranny is 1.72 to 1, 1 1/4" standard, 16" prop, shaft offset the rudder, tracking fins/cats precisely placed

28 minutes ago, skurfer said:

Centurion does not have this problem, I drive them everyday. Centurion tranny is 1.72 to 1, 1 1/4" standard, 16" prop, shaft offset the rudder, tracking fins/cats precisely placed

Sorry if I spread misinformation about Centurion in your opinion. Cats was definitely designed to help clean up the wake without moving folks around. I almost bought a 2016 RI237 when they first came out. In fact I had paid a deposit to hold the boat from the show but in the end purchased a 2016 25LSV. Centurion is an awesome boat with a great wave. I just prefer the Malibu wave. My post was relaying information from a conversation I had with a guy in the industry of selling lead to wake boats. Looking forward to an awesome season of surfing. Cheers. 

24 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

Sorry if I spread misinformation about Centurion in your opinion. Cats was definitely designed to help clean up the wake without moving folks around. I almost bought a 2016 RI237 when they first came out. In fact I had paid a deposit to hold the boat from the show but in the end purchased a 2016 25LSV. Centurion is an awesome boat with a great wave. I just prefer the Malibu wave. My post was relaying information from a conversation I had with a guy in the industry of selling lead to wake boats. Looking forward to an awesome season of surfing. Cheers. 

It's a fact not an opinion :) My opinion is that Jared sells lead bags to Nautiuqe, Centurion, Malibu, etc. owners because they are passionate and want the best wave possible. 

All good. your wave looks killer. I'd surf behind your boat any day and your welcome behind any of mine. 

Edited by skurfer
34 minutes ago, skurfer said:

It's a fact not an opinion :) My opinion is that Jared sells lead bags to Nautiuqe, Centurion, Malibu, etc. owners because they are passionate and want the best wave possible. 

All good. your wave looks killer. I'd surf behind your boat any day and your welcome behind any of mine. 

Deal. I will gladly trade pulls. Pat and the guys at NWBS are great guys and they have a great line up of boats. Centurion, Supreme, MB, and now Mastercraft. I think that is your dealer. 

51 minutes ago, riffraff said:

This thread gives me heartburn.  Tell me it's all going to be o.k.!  I take delivery today at 1 pm on a '19 25 LSV.  With this thread all I can think about is leaning, motor mounts and now you tell me the bow is going to chili dip when filling ballast.  Geez! 

I still can't wait.  I won't let you ruin BOAT DAY!  :yahoo:

Coming from that 08 23LSV you wont even notice it!!!:rofl:

You wont be disappointed!!!

ahopkins22LSV
8 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Lol, I think I regret even bringing it up now.    You will LOVE the boat!   

I wouldn’t. It was a fair question all of us are extra attentive when we get a new boat. Things that are normal, we question. I did with our new VTX. My wife was like, yes the boat uses fuel. Chill. ;)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, riffraff said:

This thread gives me heartburn.  Tell me it's all going to be o.k.!  I take delivery today at 1 pm on a '19 25 LSV.  With this thread all I can think about is leaning, motor mounts and now you tell me the bow is going to chili dip when filling ballast.  Geez! 

I still can't wait.  I won't let you ruin BOAT DAY!  :yahoo:

Oh, and that is not all! Your driver's seat will wobble, check the wake view seat and see if it locks in place on the right side and make sure the door to your storage stays closed too.  Mine overheated twice and I had to be towed in both times, all before break-in. Gotta love Malibu though!

Or maybe press the power button and wait for a minute. It takes a while for the dash to power up. Then start it. I do need to hold the actual start stop for it. You can always bypass the start sequence in the computer with the key. Per our dealer. Just make sure you turn it off. The dash won’t go off if the key is on. 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:36 AM, riffraff said:

First 5 hours are done!  Sorry @Dfowkes for hijacking the thread but your post has been invaluable for our maiden voyage.  The 25 LSV is a beast.  I may have over done it on boat size this go around!

We found a few minor gelcoat dings and a rub mark on a corner of the upholstery...all minor issues to be addressed by the dealer.  The only concern has been the start/stop button.  You have to hold down start for nearly 1 minute for the engine to turn on and at least 30 seconds for it to turn off.  I know this isn't correct and the manual states "do not press for an extended period...".  I'll try a battery disconnect/reconnect today to see if it resolves itself.  Regardless...we hope to put on another 5 hours this evening and the dealer is coming to pick her up for the big 10-15 hour service.

Water temp is 72 here in TX today.  Mild breeze, sunny skies and about 75 this afternoon.  Can't wait for the long Easter weekend on the new (and fixed!) boat. 

thumb_IMG_5707_1024.thumb.jpg.5197d7d370624c24d175458ce1cfeded.jpg

thumb_IMG_5644_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_E5684_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5718_1024.jpg

Hijack away its great to see so many new 25's.  Great looking boat.  You and your family will love it. 

On 4/14/2019 at 6:36 AM, riffraff said:

The only concern has been the start/stop button.  You have to hold down start for nearly 1 minute for the engine to turn on and at least 30 seconds for it to turn off.  I know this isn't correct and the manual states "do not press for an extended period...".  I'll try a battery disconnect/reconnect today to see if it resolves itself.  Regardless...we hope to put on another 5 hours this evening and the dealer is coming to pick her up for the big 10-15 hour service.

thumb_IMG_5644_1024.jpg

My silver and white are reversed, but the boat is the same otherwise, very nice looking!  

It does take a little bit to let the elctronics catch up, which is a little annoying.  Anyone know how to get rid of the warning screen that pops up?  Every. single. Time.  

40 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Anyone know how to get rid of the warning screen that pops up?  Every. single. Time.  

Go back to Nautique....... oh wait, they do that now too.

Buy a MasterCraft........ Nevermind, they do too.

Supra? Looks like they have it too.....

i was wondering this same thing. What is the deal with the warnings that we have to accept when we turn the boat on now? Seems like they have all started doing this..... Lame

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 2
Just now, TenTwentyOne said:

Go back to Nautique....... oh wait, they do that now too.

Buy a MasterCraft........ Nevermind, they do too.

Supra? Looks like they have it too.....

i was wondering this same thing. What is the deal with the warnings that we have to accept every time before the screen opens up??

Legal Department. :)

• Like 3
On 2/24/2019 at 7:44 AM, TallRedRider said:

Keen observation.  I noticed that too when I picked up my boat and we took it out for the demo.  They said that the M6 has the alternator set to a higher voltage.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  Mine was reading 15.3 while we were cruising around.  If you repeatedly feed a battery that was meant to be given 14+ volts a higher voltage, will it die a premature death?   I was going to start a whole new thread for the electrical gurus to chime in, but since @hethj7 mentioned it...

We had my 2019 23LSV out on the lake today that was built last week with an M6di and screen showed 14.2 volts the entire time.  So maybe they changed something in the newer builds (or the 25LSV is somehow wired up differently which seems unlikely.) 

7.thumb.JPG.6e9edee54927461b80c4070cfdc4944d.JPG

Edited by gregtay