Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Malibu 25LSV maiden voyage

Dfowkes

7 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

and a picture of Darth Vader at the helm?

Previous boat also captained by Darth Vader

16A54370-FAD8-4A5A-BE4D-CED79A9CF5FE.jpeg

401FF95F-A4E4-4FB7-A0B4-CD268A2977B9.jpeg

Edited by Dfowkes
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

I think the engine is very plain Jane as far as its looks.  

It appears the neighbors won't even notice that you have a new boat!  

They thought I got a new cover. The old cover went under tower. 😁

16 minutes ago, kayt425 said:

Surf wave looks legit!  What specs are your running in that pic?  Full ballast?  Wedge on which number?  Thanks

Two in boat with full ballast. Again pic thanks to @NWBU

D6C456D8-F400-4EA4-AC5A-B53885926F60.jpeg

Edited by Dfowkes

Looks like the new boats are showing 15 volts when running.   I know low voltage was a concern for a few years.  I wonder if they upped the alternators and how accurate the readout actually is.  

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Looks like the new boats are showing 15 volts when running.   I know low voltage was a concern for a few years.  I wonder if they upped the alternators and how accurate the readout actually is.  

Yes measure the output on the alternator with a test light to confirm actual output.

19 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Keen observation.  I noticed that too when I picked up my boat and we took it out for the demo.  They said that the M6 has the alternator set to a higher voltage.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  Mine was reading 15.3 while we were cruising around.  If you repeatedly feed a battery that was meant to be given 14+ volts a higher voltage, will it die a premature death?   I was going to start a whole new thread for the electrical gurus to chime in, but since @hethj7 mentioned it...

Typically Voc can be whatever like 15-22v not connected to the battery.. however connected to the battery most overcharged failsafe protections kick in at 15 volts and disconnect charge ... meaning over voltage for the most lead acid batteries at 15 volts.. all battery types vary slightly but typically most let acid batteries are about 14.6 volts 100% charged.. however after immediately disconnecting the charging source it will drop down about a volt.. 

typically most marine batteries are a little bit more robust and tolerant to overcharge an over discharge.. Anyways now with the EPA rules batteries aren't what they were five years ago if you get a couple years out of them consider yourself lucky.. 

if you go lithium then higher voltages.. I'd love to get some lithium batteries but ridiculously priced still then you would need different charger if it doesn't have built-in.. 

also does anybody have any clue how accurate the voltmeter on the dash really is? I put a voltmeter on and see if it's accurate could be off.. 

Edited by The Hulk

Realistically.... I’d just check it with a voltmeter at the battery, and see if that is what it is actually getting.

1- on average, the voltage drop from the battery to the screen is going to be .3-.5 volts, so that means your batteries could be receiving upwards of 15.5 volts. Batteries don’t like being overcharged by that much. It’s best to be charging them with no more than 2 volts over their rating (2.1v per cell X 6 cells- 12.6 volts). This is why you almost always see a charging system voltage between 13.8-14.4 volts.

2- it’s possible they have slightly compensated the screen reading...... They might have it slightly offset to compensate for the normal voltage drops through the circuit. The actual charge voltage might be a touch under 15v, and be low enough to prevent issues.

On 2/23/2019 at 10:41 AM, Dfowkes said:

Two in boat with full ballast. Again pic thanks to @NWBU

D6C456D8-F400-4EA4-AC5A-B53885926F60.jpeg

Are you doing break-in according to the owner's manual?  I am at 6 hours in my 2019 25 lsv and haven't put in full ballast yet, but I am dying to though. It has been a little colder than usual in Las Vegas, so we haven't had the opportunity to break it in completely yet. I have been pulling mine with a Nissan Titan and it seems to do fine, but I am thinking of trading it in for a 100k miles diesel for the long hauls. 

Also, is the flooring a custom job from gatorstep? Where did you get the flooring to stick on the sides below the seating? I would like to put some flooring there too.

Edited by bbattiste247