Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25ft surf boats

The Hulk

The XT25 surfs excellent...... provided you do the same thing you gotta do with the XT21 and XT23. Swap the stock pnp to the bigger bags. Same old story in the XT line.

XT can be ordered with the same helm as the X series.

@IXFE- what might even surprise you more, is that they also come with a standard filler cushion to turn the whole back into playpen seating with the seat folded flat. I do see what you mean about it being lower though. But The flip seat is actual level with the seats. It’s the leg roll bolsters that stick up. Point is still valid, but they can only make it level with one or the other.....

Phone by your feet? You must have much shorter legs than I thought. People of normal stature will find that the phone holder sits just to the right of your right knee, and is easily reachable without even leaning forward in the seat. If you can touch your knee in a seated position, you can reach the phone with the same amount of effort. 

XT25 has been out for 2 years now. I’m surprised you weren’t aware of it yet. It’s also one of their nationaly advertised price models.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
2 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

The XT25 surfs excellent...... provided you do the same thing you gotta do with the XT21 and XT23. Swap the stock pnp to the bigger bags. Same old story in the XT line.

Same holds true for the XT22?   We lean towards the 22 MXZ but really like the XT22 and the dealer here is very strong.  

Guys - to add to this, If you haven't seen a demo with the dual screens on the MC, it is a very solid set up.  There are some nice vids on Youtube.  Maybe 25% of the XT series have the dual screens?

Edited by Five Cent Worth
  • Like 1

@The Hulk, these are the only pics I got of the Ri257. With everybody else using some new exotic vinyl, being in the Ri with the it’s old style vinyl made it feel like an old boat. It’s huge and deep inside though. Still has the split screen helm though (as do all the Ri’s). Every year I think Centurion will update that, but they don’t. Cool pic of the floor cooler.  Ergonomics to open/close a Yeti with the rubber straps in that crease look challenging.  The salesman told me a lot of people ditch the cooler and just fill that entire cavity with ice.  There’s another smaller cooler in the walk thru I think.

There was also an Fi25 at the show. I believe those are new. 

84280AB2-A47F-4EF4-AD30-C4A78EE8E666.jpeg

791FCC5B-772A-4D5C-BC84-42D00C6F121E.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Same holds true for the XT22?   We lean towards the 22 MXZ but really like the XT22 and the dealer here is very strong.  

XT22 is better out of the box. It has a decent amount of ballast for its length. but yes, first thing i'd do is swap the PnP bags and drop 200lbs of lead under the nose seat.

Just curious, but why not the X22? It is more of a direct competitor to the MXZ22. 

Edited by TenTwentyOne

@IXFE- what might even surprise you more, is that they also come with a standard filler cushion to turn the whole back into playpen seating with the seat folded flat. I do see what you mean about it being lower though. But The flip seat is actual level with the seats. It’s the leg roll bolsters that stick up. Point is still valid, but they can only make it level with one or the other.....

Phone by your feet? You must have much shorter legs than I thought. People of normal stature will find that the phone holder sits just to the right of your right knee, and is easily reachable without even leaning forward in the seat. If you can touch your knee in a seated position, you can reach the phone with the same amount of effort. 

XT25 has been out for 2 years now. I’m surprised you weren’t aware of it yet. It’s also one of their nationaly advertised price models.

I don’t think Texas Mastercraft had an xT25 at the show last year. And I honestly don’t see any MC’s on my lake. Nobody on this forum owns one, and I don’t spend time on other boat forums... so yeah, wasn’t aware of XT25. All I ever hear about with MC lately is the X series. 

You mentioned the MC PnP, I actually grabbed a pic (this was out of an XT23). This was several weeks ago when many were guessing (wrongly) that the XT’s features in those videos had no bags... (which you corrected). 

7B52E291-7466-4CC1-B44A-81675BFA0FE6.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
1 minute ago, TenTwentyOne said:

XT22 is better out of the box. It has a decent amount of ballast for its length. but yes, first thing i'd do is swap the PnP bags and drop 200lbs of lead under the nose seat.

Just curious, but why not the X22? It is more of a direct competitor to the MXZ22. 

My honest impression after spending some time in the Texas Mastercraft booth... the entire XT line seemed like it was priced to compete with Malibu’s wakesetter line. The X series seemed like it was priced in line with the G’s and M235... I don’t remember the exact price of the X22, but all the X models were in the upper 1’s.  XT’s were in the low to mid 1’s (with XT25 the highest at $146k). 

1 minute ago, IXFE said:

I don’t think Texas Mastercraft had an xT25 at the show last year. And I honestly don’t see any MC’s on my lake. Furthermore, I don’t spend time on other boat forums... so yeah, wasn’t aware of XT25. All I ever hear about with MC lately is the X series. 

You mentioned the MC PnP, I actually grabbed a pic (this was out of an XT23). This was several weeks ago when many were guessing (wrongly) that the XT’s features in those videos had no bags... (which you corrected). 

7B52E291-7466-4CC1-B44A-81675BFA0FE6.jpeg

That pic actually shows pretty well how small the bag is, compared to what can go in there. There is no denying that a lot of guys upgrade them from day one.

On the XT's with bags confusion...….. Some models do have bags, and some don't. All of them benefit from either upgrading the bags, or adding them. I know the XT20 doesn't have them, and I don't think the XT21 does either. But the boats in the videos in question, would have come with 400lb bags (XT22 and XT23)

Just now, TenTwentyOne said:

That pic actually shows pretty well how small the bag is, compared to what can go in there. There is no denying that a lot of guys upgrade them from day one.

On the XT's with bags confusion...….. Some models do have bags, and some don't. All of them benefit from either upgrading the bags, or adding them. I know the XT20 doesn't have them, and I don't think the XT21 does either. But the boats in the videos in question, would have come with 400lb bags (XT22 and XT23)

Yeah, I definitely had that impression... “21 was right, that bag looks tiny!”

:werule:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

My honest impression after spending some time in the Texas Mastercraft booth... the entire XT line seemed like it was priced to compete with Malibu’s wakesetter line. The X series seemed like it was priced in line with the G’s and M235... I don’t remember the exact price of the X22, but all the X models were in the upper 1’s.  XT’s were in the low to mid 1’s (with XT25 the highest at $146k). 

Its been a while since I have seen a price sheet on the MXZ22, so I might be off on that suggestion. I was thinking they ran in a MSRP range of 125k-200k depending on options...… 

3 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Okay I exaggerated a little (been trying not to do that), but the phone position is pretty low compared to where other boats are putting them. Kinda reminded me of when I use my own phone for navigation while driving. It always ends up in the cup holder because I don’t want to add a cheap looking phone holder to my dash. What ends up happening is I have to look down, taking my eyes off the road for a few seconds to see what Google maps is telling me to do. I hate that in my car. Not sure why I’d want my phone so low in the boat either. It just feels like an ergonomic miss to me. Not a deal breaker, just an observation that jumped to mind when I sat in that helm. 

Speaking of the seats... I had Mrs. IXFE climb in the X Star with me, and I asked how she liked it. Her first comment was about those tall leg roll bolsters. She didn’t like them, though they were uncomfortable and made he feel like she was sitting in a hole. Why is MC so aggressive with those??

BA9E7F20-F503-4E83-8D46-A42B6789EAFD.jpeg

Edited by IXFE

@IXFE- I think its a love/hate thing. Nautique does the same thing. Nautique actually even uses stiffer foam in the leg roll portion. It sort of.....makes you feel more locked in. I don't know. I am used to it, and like it. I sit in a Bu or Supra, and I feel like I'm constantly fighting to not slouch in the seat.

I think I could go either way on them.

I feel like if you sat in the helm seat and messed with your phone in the holder, youd find its a very easy location to work with...… but maybe not.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
36 minutes ago, IXFE said:

This.  A very nice MXZ 22 in my estimation is $15 - 20k less than a comparable X22.

59 minutes ago, IXFE said:

@The Hulk, these are the only pics I got of the Ri257. With everybody else using some new exotic vinyl, being in the Ri with the it’s old style vinyl made it feel like an old boat. It’s huge and deep inside though. Still has the split screen helm though (as do all the Ri’s). Every year I think Centurion will update that, but they don’t. Cool pic of the floor cooler.  Ergonomics to open/close a Yeti with the rubber straps in that crease look challenging.  The salesman told me a lot of people ditch the cooler and just fill that entire cavity with ice.  There’s another smaller cooler in the walk thru I think.

There was also an Fi25 at the show. I believe those are new. 

84280AB2-A47F-4EF4-AD30-C4A78EE8E666.jpeg

791FCC5B-772A-4D5C-BC84-42D00C6F121E.jpeg

I luv the huge cockpit covering Bimini they put on these things, their massive and seems to really protect from the sun

58 minutes ago, IXFE said:

So, I geeked out on this for a minute, because I was curious as well. Priced out the MSRP on a MXZ22, X22, and XT22, with a mild and equal spec. Basically did the usual must have's, and added some stuff that the other brand has as standard to make them equal.

They all meet this spec-

Mid 400hp engine. Clamping racks (one set). Upgraded sound system with subs. Multiple screen dash(added the dual screen helm in the MC). Surf System. Center plate/wedge. Plug and play. Reaview cam. Bimini. Boat Cover. And a standard value of 7k on a boatmate trailer for either one.

MXZ22- $157,697 MSRP

X22- $166,650 MSRP

XT22- $138,690 MSRP

So..... I guess,  If considering where they fit based on MSRP price, the MXZ line is in between. I did quickly do a couple "check every box" builds, and they both (MXZ22 and X22) wound up at about $220k MSRP. The MXZ caught up with the upgraded tower and tower options. The GX is almost twice as expensive as the ZFT7. The second set of racks cost about the same. 

Edited by TenTwentyOne

I guess I just wasn’t looking closely at the smaller MC’s. The big boat prices are how I drew my conclusion...

XT25 @ $146. Let’s pretend that’s a 25 LSV. Using a 25% discount that puts the MSRP at $195k. You can build a rediculous 25 for that. Mine was in the low 180’s and you know I don’t skimp much. I could have added GX tower and still been below $195k. Even if you only factor a 20% discount that’s $182k about where my build landed. So XT25 seems prices at (or ever so slightly above) 25 LSV. 

My only other data point was the X24 pricing. I seem to recall the “boat show” price was in the $180’s. Wish I’d taken a pic but I don’t like being “that guy.” Anyway, I recall thinking that it was priced in line with M235 and G23.... way way way above MXZ 24 which sell for < $150. 

Maybe Texas MC just has high pricing. I wasn’t about to stand in their booth and bust out my calculator. I did notice that they advertised every boat with a monthly payment (the big ones were over $1k/mo) but the fine print assumed 20% down and a 20 year term. 

10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I guess I just wasn’t looking closely at the smaller MC’s. The big boat prices are how I drew my conclusion...

XT25 @ $146. Let’s pretend that’s a 25 LSV. Using a 25% discount that puts the MSRP at $195k. You can build a rediculous 25 for that. Mine was in the low 180’s and you know I don’t skimp much. I could have added GX tower and still been below $195k. Even if you only factor a 20% discount that’s $182k about where my build landed. So XT25 seems prices at (or ever so slightly above) 25 LSV. 

My only other data point was the X24 pricing. I seem to recall the “boat show” price was in the $180’s. Wish I’d taken a pic but I don’t like being “that guy.” Anyway, I recall thinking that it was priced in line with M235 and G23.... way way way above MXZ 24 which sell for < $150. 

Maybe Texas MC just has high pricing. I wasn’t about to stand in their booth and bust out my calculator. I did notice that they advertised every boat with a monthly payment (the big ones were over $1k/mo) but the fine print assumed 20% down and a 20 year term. 

I wonder if I still have the price sheet for the 25LSV I looked at..... At $237,000 MSRP, plus freight and prep, it was certainly well above 190ish. I can say for sure that boat had every box checked except for saltwater stuff. It also had a full layout of max flake.

It's just really hard to tell, with options being up to almost 40% of the boat price. I'm not sure about TX MC pricing basis, but I do know they like to load up the stock inventory boats. That would seem like a bad idea to me, but I do stop there once in a while with my brother in-law, and everything they have seems regularly loaded.

I'm guessing that XT25 was loaded up pretty good, but IDK (having the base dash would suggest otherwise). I do know that they have a nationally advertised price of $114k with the upgraded 5500DI, upgraded tower (zft4), clamping racks, gen2, pnp, advanced audio (not the top setup), bimini, cover, carpet and trailer. With that spec, I feel like a lot of people could add a pair of tower speakers (amp is already good to go for 2), and add a heater, for a nicely equipped 25'er out the door for less than 120k after freight and prep (excluding tax).

Either way..... I guess my point is that it just isn't easy to tell with the options being such a large portion of the price. You really have to dissect it down, and compare equally equipped examples.

I definitely agree with you on the X24 and XStar. Mine was not loaded (6.2 instead of 7.4. only one set of racks, no trailer bling, and skipped the speaker LED's), and the MSRP was a touch north of 200k already. 

31 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Confirmed with my dealer.  Price they were displaying at the boat show two weeks ago on the X22 was $159k.  (WOW!)

Not surprising. It would be fairly easy to option it up to that. At the same time, a MXZ22 can be easily optioned up to that as well. What was the MSRP on it?

Too bad you aren’t in this area. My dealer just got the one in that I spec’d for them, and it is fairly well optioned and carries a sale price of $128k. MSRP is $176k. Basically left off the big dollar stuff, that aren’t must haves (Dockstar, fast fill, vertical racks, and power tower).

No tower speakers yet. It’s getting a pair of rev 10s next week.

AA71F908-371B-4007-825B-F7536D56B589.jpeg

Edited by TenTwentyOne
3 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Back on topic here...... what about the AL26. Is there still nobody on the interwebs that has demo’d Or surfed a Pavati??

The AL 26 seems to only roll in the presence of the elite.. expensive waters.. 

And in case if you're too lazy to turn your head how about video screens in the sidewalls! Ha

FB_IMG_1550880039519.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1
On 2/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, The Hulk said:

Also I was in the 25 last night and I feel like it is smaller than my 2016.. the speakers on the driver side don't seem to be in the way because they are above the new council. Passenger side I feel like they are a little bit in the way compared to the g4 setup.. but some reason it does seem a little bit smaller the sun pad is definitely smaller.. at first I was thinking maybe it is just the new council behind the driver making me think it is smaller that could be part of it.. but still for some reason it feels smaller..perhaps it has something to do with the rounded corners versus straight angle corners in the back where you might have somebody sitting at a 45 degree angle on the older boats the newer ones they would be in the corner it would be awkward

I think you could be right. I feel like the 2019's cabin space seems smaller than the previous year too. 

1 minute ago, bbattiste247 said:

I think you could be right. I feel like the 2019's cabin space seems smaller than the previous year too. 

Less storage in rear as well , smaller lockers from new rear angles/pointed rear..  not just due to L shaped hard tanks