Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25ft surf boats

The Hulk

So more 25ft surf boats coming out!

Supra 550 ok just a bit short 

Tige with a 25 now?

Wake tractor 25? More like WTF 25 . Seriously the worst use of space ever seen..

MC now has 25, although someonw at show said with a cross over hull design

Any others out there?

Any reports on waves from these or others?

Edited by The Hulk
Forgot about MC 25

Not that I'm a surf snob growing up on the islands in real surf on the south and north shores of Oahu but, but these 21-23 footers are going new for what???  $150-180K and all they use them for is surfing??  I don't wake surf and actually can't stand it behind the boat, but I just can't imagine what these 25's will start costing.  AND, have you ever had to drive through rollers on boats going slow that are 25-35 foot cabin cruisers?  I know how to drive thru it but damn, it's a process!  not a fan

I would take that money and go buy a house/condo near a popular surf break in FL Costa Rica in walking distance.  My opinion means crap! 

• Like 3

I’m surprised they’d make a WTF 25, with as bad as the the rest of the WTF’s have sold.

new X26 should be interesting when it comes out..... if it actually follows the rumored plan of stretched X24 with 5500lbs of ballast.

any luck on the 27LSV?

Was told MC x24 is way better than the x26 currently,

I wasn't aware of a new x26 forthcoming? But that would be nice. For some reason all MC ppl say the x26 was crappy and the new x24 is better. I haven't looked into the specs much but one guy said the x26 has much flatter bottom than new x24

27lsv would be legit, because it would still probably be smaller than the x 26 and more similar size to a g25.. just like the 25 lsv is very similar in size to a g23 IMO .. at least in regard to sheer mass, weigh, volume size of the boat..

Was looking at the 26-27ft surf cruisers last night, chappy, colbalt, regal, formula,..etc.. seems like too much wasted space for the size of these boats.. most were yacht rated but less seating than a 23lsv.. the walkthroughs are money though! 

And the prototype Barletta expanding pontoon at 14,6" wide.. ohh this is tempting when they get their Bimini finished! Look at all the room for activities! Haha

20190220_170401.jpg

20190220_170141.jpg

20190220_170323.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
1 minute ago, Txstoj said:

Good lord @The Hulk, what engine did they have powering that thing?

I think it's only good for 150-200 very stable when it's out wide they say.. who cares on hp it's awesome! It feels way larger than 14'6" beam

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

... just like the 25 lsv is very similar in size to a g23 IMO .. at least in regard to sheer mass, weigh, volume size of the boat..

Just trading in my G23 for a 25 LSV, I think the cockpit is quite a bit bigger than the G.  The bow is a little smaller, but it is clear that the 25 LSV is bigger.  Weirdly, I can't explain why I remember my 247 being even bigger, but maybe I am just becoming numb to the size of these boats.  I think the bow is bigger on the 25 than the 247, maybe that is why I think the old 247 was even bigger in the cockpit.   I suspect towing weight is very close to the same, as the G was definitely taller.  

6 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Just trading in my G23 for a 25 LSV, I think the cockpit is quite a bit bigger than the G.  The bow is a little smaller, but it is clear that the 25 LSV is bigger.  Weirdly, I can't explain why I remember my 247 being even bigger, but maybe I am just becoming numb to the size of these boats.  I think the bow is bigger on the 25 than the 247, maybe that is why I think the old 247 was even bigger in the cockpit.   I suspect towing weight is very close to the same, as the G was definitely taller.  

I owned a 2010 247 for five years before getting into a 23 lsv. I just bought a 25 lsv and I feel like the 247 had much more cabin space than the 25 lsv. We used to sleep in the cabin of the 247 by putting in a single blow up mattress on the floor with room to spare. I doubt if that single blow up mattress would even fit in the cabin of a 25 lsv. 

• Like 1

Also I was in the 25 last night and I feel like it is smaller than my 2016.. the speakers on the driver side don't seem to be in the way because they are above the new council. Passenger side I feel like they are a little bit in the way compared to the g4 setup.. but some reason it does seem a little bit smaller the sun pad is definitely smaller.. at first I was thinking maybe it is just the new council behind the driver making me think it is smaller that could be part of it.. but still for some reason it feels smaller..perhaps it has something to do with the rounded corners versus straight angle corners in the back where you might have somebody sitting at a 45 degree angle on the older boats the newer ones they would be in the corner it would be awkward

Bigger heavier deeper is what its going to take. If the x26 doesnt weigh significantly more and hold more ballast it wont be worth it.

Everybody now drives diesels, right?

Edited by carguy79ta

The A20 probably makes a better wave than this shows in the video. Some how it has a capacity of 17 people.  Maybe if you pile people on top of each other in the rear bath tubs they have.

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Was told MC x24 is way better than the x26 currently,

I wasn't aware of a new x26 forthcoming? But that would be nice. For some reason all MC ppl say the x26 was crappy and the new x24 is better. I haven't looked into the specs much but one guy said the x26 has much flatter bottom than new x24

Other way around actually. The X24 has quite a bit less deadrise. 

They are right about the X24 being a much better surf boat, stock. The X26 only has 2600 lbs of stock ballast, and has a fairly deep v. More focus on making it a nice day cruiser, rather than a surf barge. There are guys that have added PnP 600s in the back, and a 750 bow bag under the bow seats. It kicks out a really nice wave with that extra weight. 

Its a 5 year old design at this point, and is being refreshed. Just rumors at this point, but they are supposedly using the stretched X22/X24 type hull design, and 5-6k of ballast. If they do, it will probably be a heck of a surf machine. 

Edited by TenTwentyOne
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I think it's only good for 150-200 very stable when it's out wide they say.. who cares on hp it's awesome! It feels way larger than 14'6" beam

Crap my houseboat is only 14’ beam. I would imagine that thing is huge. I also have a friend building I think 70’ party barges for lake rentals. 

11 minutes ago, carguy79ta said:

If I recall the present x26 weighs 6700 with 2800 ballast. If the new model is heavier and holds more ballast, like @TenTwentyOne says, it will be a contender

Supposably yacht certified so bring all the weight ya want! Ha

13 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Crap my houseboat is only 14’ beam. I would imagine that thing is huge. I also have a friend building I think 70’ party barges for lake rentals. 

Except this one retracts to 8'6" to trailer it on down the road . It's pretty slick extend one side or both! I thought that the floor would be raised on sides but it actually retracts back down flat

I don’t know how long this boat has been available, but I saw it for the first time this year at the DFW show... it’s an MC XT25. Recall that XT is their cheaper, traditional bow, “crossover” line. Of course I knew there was an XT21 and XT23, just wasn’t aware they’d stretched the line to include a 25. It appears to have been created to compete with the 25 LSV.  It was priced at $146k at the DFW show. 

Unfortunately these are the only pics I got of it. I was fascinated that the rear view bench could fold out totally flat... until my wife pointed out to me (as I took this pic) that it was several inches lower than the stationary cabin seats on each side... kinda defeats the purpose, imho. 

I liked the trash can door in the seat base, but the helm was underwhelming as it is in all XT’s these days.  What’s with the phone holder down by my feet?

I also saw the 25’ Tige. Like all Tiges it was really busy inside and seemed cramped for a 25. Sorry, no pics. 

788F5A0C-0790-4B5C-AFB4-0A43483E54F2.jpeg

D665F52C-C9D1-4E16-BC07-4F991B488164.jpeg

9F23D1A8-48F7-4106-8F4C-376A82857861.jpeg

Edited by IXFE

If they created that to compete with the 25 lsv they made a mistake. No way I’d choose that over the 25 lsv. I have to agree with your thoughts on that. The helm is absolutely terrible.

I actually thought the Tige 25’ at our show was pretty nice. Probably one of the interiors I liked the best from all the manufacturers.  Not sure I’d want to own one though from some of the things I’ve read about their wave/wake. It seems they can be great at times, but constantly require tweaking for all the different variables. 

I too was shocked to see MC with a 25 in their catalog. The MC rep told me their 25 is not a good surf boat because the hull is a cross over version and the boat is ok at everything but not great at anything. I thought that to be strange for a 25

Tige 25, I didn't mind it a few nice touches and a few question marks but overall not a bad looking boat, I like it more than the MC boats, but again who knows on wave performance.

I was hopping to see an ri257 but nobody had one

20190220_164723.jpg

Edited by The Hulk