Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Fault

Hi

I get the attached message even after replacing both actuators on my 2013  24.5 MXZ:

WEDGE FAULT, wait 10 seconds for reset, CAUTION, Port actuator Maxed Current Draw Failure

Any insights appreciated. Tx.

Did you make sure to align both actuators when you installed them?  If they are not in sync, they will work against each other and cause the code to go.  The other thing to check are your fuses.  

We had this on ours, you could hear the actuators continually running with the wedge fully down. It turned out to be the circuit board under the dash, the dealer had me unplug the touch screen to confirm. New board fixed the issue. if the actuators are not continually running, either a duff actuator or needs adjusting as if they are not exactly adjusted to equal lengths then it will put strain on the actuators. link below is also really useful. (Thank you Bakes)

https://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/MalibuWedgeDiagnostic2011.pdf