Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgate XXL

MakeNWaves

Have a 2018 A24, and by no means unhappy with the surf wave.  However, I don’t think anyone out there isnt wondering how they might be able to improve height, push or shape.  My question is, has anyone tried a wake shaper device (Nautique-curl, mission) in addition to their surfgate?  If surfgate is good, could double surfgate be better?

My setup is much like other 2018 A24's.  Pnp's in the rear, 100% surfside / 70% non-surfside.  Full bow and mid.  Not much in crew, just kids and wife (wifes not quite a pop yet).  Wave is great, just saying, can it get better?

15 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I don’t see how deflecting water in front of the surf gate is going to help. I can only see that hurting the wave. 

What is your setup? Weight, people, wedge and speed? 

+1, unless having the deflection farther up the boat is better than at the back/makes the convergence point shift even more.

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing you can do is to slam the boat. I had a 15 A22 and I slammed it with 750s in the rear 950front, hards, and a 540 bag . in the walkway towards the bow. That plus 5 crew was great.  Your big boat needs a lot of weight to sink it, like 5000. I would only use the wedge when I wanted a 'little extra' if you do all that your wave will be epic. If I would have kept my boat, I was going to put 950s in the rear.