Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass keeps rebooting on 03 VLX

So ever since I've had the boat I've had this issue with Perfect Pass (Wakeboard Pro Paddle Wheel edition) would continuously reboot as soon as I turn the key. Ways I've found to stop this is to hit the on/off switch or to get above 20 mph, when I do this the rebooting will stop but speed will not control. The times I can turn the key and it doesn't beep, everything is fine and it controls great. However its gotten worse to the point where it doesn't work anymore. I tried the servo test and it passed, I can't keep it from rebooting long enough to do a phase test (when I did get it to read for a little bit I was getting voltages in the 2.2 range across the board). I've also discovered that when I unplug the servo motor plug on the back of the master module, the rebooting stops immediately and appears fine. Does this indicate I have a bad servo motor or a bad ground somewhere?

perfect pass is sensitive to the power it's receiving.  A bad ground, low alternator output, or any other issue that prevents full voltage to get to the perfect pass will cause it to reboot.  I would have that issue on a previous boat where I didn't have the boat running - and ran my blower with the key switch on.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep that was the issue! I cut wires off and spliced new ones directly to the battery and unit stayed on no problem. Completed the servo test and phase test, so the unit as a whole is solid. Question now, where do I tie in my new power source for the perfect pass? I'm thinking of taking the easy route and just wiring it to one of the free accessory switches. Any suggestions??

Wasn't it wired to the accessory tab on your key switch?  Just wire it back how it was, but check to make sure the fuse holder and switch are clean and have good connections.  Clean the power and ground connections.