Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Lifts

MLagger

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my current shore station 4000# boat lift to something 5000# as I recently purchased a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Any suggestions on boat lifts, I'm finding there aren't any used 5000# lifts out there so I'm looking at new ones. I've came across Atlas and Feighner but don't know much about them. Any suggestions, I'm not looking for something that will break the bank but want something that won't have issues.

Thanks

I love my hydrohoist 6600. Down here those are gold standard for floating lifts. 

Not familiar with the shorestations but with my hydrohoist there’s room for another tank in the middle. Could you do that with yours?

1 hour ago, MLagger said:

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my current shore station 4000# boat lift to something 5000# as I recently purchased a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Any suggestions on boat lifts, I'm finding there aren't any used 5000# lifts out there so I'm looking at new ones. I've came across Atlas and Feighner but don't know much about them. Any suggestions, I'm not looking for something that will break the bank but want something that won't have issues.

Thanks

5k is becoming pointless with SS aand other brands as many companies previous 4k is now a 4.5k if that makes sense just depends on the brand and how are they rate em . if you're buying a new I would highly suggest buying a 6K even if you don't need it because you'll at least not lose money on resale anything less than 6k and you will lose money and it's hardly any difference in price to go to a 6K.... Now ..

PM me if youd like a run down of various brands and features

15 minutes ago, G Spot said:

I love my hydrohoist 6600. Down here those are gold standard for floating lifts. 

Not familiar with the shorestations but with my hydrohoist there’s room for another tank in the middle. Could you do that with yours?

Shorestation is a free-standing style Boat lifts that you have to take in and out of the water each year..

Hydrohoist is a floating style boat lifts air filled much cheaper but then again The boathouse is way more expensive..  

5 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Shorestation is a free-standing style Boat lifts that you have to take in and out of the water each year..

Hydrohoist is a floating style boat lifts air filled much cheaper but then again The boathouse is way more expensive..  

Floating style also typically needs more depth.  Around here you rarely see them, much more common in reservoirs where you step into 10 feet of watet

15 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Yea my bad. THought I had seen a floating shore station but must have been a different brand.