Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MLagger

Boat Lifts

Recommended Posts

MLagger

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my current shore station 4000# boat lift to something 5000# as I recently purchased a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Any suggestions on boat lifts, I'm finding there aren't any used 5000# lifts out there so I'm looking at new ones. I've came across Atlas and Feighner but don't know much about them. Any suggestions, I'm not looking for something that will break the bank but want something that won't have issues.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G Spot

I love my hydrohoist 6600. Down here those are gold standard for floating lifts. 

Not familiar with the shorestations but with my hydrohoist there’s room for another tank in the middle. Could you do that with yours?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hulk
1 hour ago, MLagger said:

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my current shore station 4000# boat lift to something 5000# as I recently purchased a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Any suggestions on boat lifts, I'm finding there aren't any used 5000# lifts out there so I'm looking at new ones. I've came across Atlas and Feighner but don't know much about them. Any suggestions, I'm not looking for something that will break the bank but want something that won't have issues.

Thanks

 5k is becoming pointless with SS aand other brands as many companies previous 4k is now a 4.5k if that makes sense just depends on the brand and how are they rate em . if you're buying a new I would highly suggest buying a 6K even if you don't need it because you'll at least not lose money on resale anything less than 6k and you will lose money and it's hardly any difference in price to go to a 6K.... Now ..

PM me if youd like a run down of various brands and features

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hulk
15 minutes ago, G Spot said:

I love my hydrohoist 6600. Down here those are gold standard for floating lifts. 

Not familiar with the shorestations but with my hydrohoist there’s room for another tank in the middle. Could you do that with yours?

 

Shorestation is a free-standing style Boat lifts that you have to take in and out of the water each year..

Hydrohoist is a floating style boat lifts air filled much cheaper but then again The boathouse is way more expensive..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
5 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Shorestation is a free-standing style Boat lifts that you have to take in and out of the water each year..

Hydrohoist is a floating style boat lifts air filled much cheaper but then again The boathouse is way more expensive..  

Floating style also typically needs more depth.  Around here you rarely see them, much more common in reservoirs where you step into 10 feet of watet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hulk

TMC needs a fresh new catagory Boat Lifts & Docks

We have trailers and tow rigs I'd think this is big enough to be it's own catagory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G Spot
15 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Shorestation is a free-standing style Boat lifts that you have to take in and out of the water each year..

Hydrohoist is a floating style boat lifts air filled much cheaper but then again The boathouse is way more expensive..  

Yea my bad. THought I had seen a floating shore station but must have been a different brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...