Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat Protector

MLagger

Hello, what do people recommend to keep their interior seats nice? I just bought a 2008 VLX Wakesetter and it doesn't look like there will be a way to get in and out from the dock/lift without stepping on the seats? Any products or recommendations to keep the interior in good shape?

Thanks

A $10 throwable cushion that is USCG approved, you need one in boat anyhow I always make ppl step on them getting in and out, they are also great bumpers / protectors between dock post when docking, or puttig o. Cleats to protect boats on opposite side etc..

also we use a lot of Sam's club large towels over the seats tucked in..

square cushion Left of the kid with the melting ice cream bar..

20180714_145411.jpg

Edited by The Hulk

Is that a mat on your sunpad?   We’ve been debating getting one for the kids this year.

I like the HO one but don’t wanna pump it up manually or have to buy a $150 pump. 

2 hours ago, eubanks said:

Is that a mat on your sunpad?   We’ve been debating getting one for the kids this year.

I like the HO one but don’t wanna pump it up manually or have to buy a $150 pump. 

4x6 ft Matt fits perfectly. There's a guy around here that sells them and all sorts of sizes and thickness.. I like the ones that are about 5 inches thick they hold a ton of weight and don't sink.. kids love playing on him at The Sandbar they also make great tables where everybody can stand around put snacks and beer on them and walk around.. they are as durable as can be and we also use them to float boat lifts out in the spring.. every one of our Sandbar also uses them to put their dogs on them.. their claws can't run it at all I'd be slightly if he on the inflatable ones with a large dog but I hear they're pretty tough.. 

Sometimes we roll up the huge 18 ft long Lily pad thing but it's kind of a PIA unless you have someone else to help you roll it up

I too have also been contemplating one of the inflatable ones much larger but these are so easy just throw them on the back and lasso a rope from one side of the boat to the other side.. generally we take two of them now because the kids like playing on one and the adults like using the other for a table.. 

These 4 by 6 foam mats run about $100-150 for the size worth every penny ! I wouldn't go any larger for a rigid foam mat otherwise it will be too big to fit on the boat.. a 4 by 6 size is perfect,a lot of people have the four by four sides but it's a bit too small in my opinion.

A few pics in use

20180901_150900.jpg

20180611_210521.jpg

20180704_160657.jpg

20170715_161148.jpg

20180526_183344.jpg

Edited by The Hulk

For those of us that have a Bu with the engine facing the correct direction, we simply take out the rear seat...

Seadek or similar on the gunnels offers an alternate step over where one can step down to the floor.

16 hours ago, The Hulk said:

A $10 throwable cushion that is USCG approved, you need one in boat anyhow I always make ppl step on them getting in and out, they are also great bumpers / protectors between dock post when docking, or puttig o. Cleats to protect boats on opposite side etc..

also we use a lot of Sam's club large towels over the seats tucked in..

square cushion Left of the kid with the melting ice cream bar..

20180714_145411.jpg

+1 for the melting ice cream. That is how a boat is suppose to be used. 

• Like 2