Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23lsv 2019 non - wakeview bench seat option question

weekender

5 minutes ago, NWBU said:

There’s a small tray under the seat for storage.

9F91F92D-EFE5-431B-9FCC-6781553BC8A4.thumb.jpeg.1816823201e38f09b21e447c7015044c.jpeg

And I would put and emphasis on "small".  Not sure why they couldn't make it a little larger. Our 2008 had a nice big storage tray under there where we keep shoes. 

3 minutes ago, gregtay said:

And I would put and emphasis on "small".  Not sure why they couldn't make it a little larger. Our 2008 had a nice big storage tray under there where we keep shoes. 

The rear transom seats above the swim platform are perfect for storing flip flops! 

• Like 1

thanks!!! I am finalizing a build with dealer now, and was just thinking about adding the wake view bench or not.

guessing with the pull up tabs, that seat comes up toward inside of boat  on hinges to access the inside?

and guessing you can remove the tray for more space or have a small soft cooler on the sides of the compartment under the seats?

2 minutes ago, weekender said:

thanks!!! I am finalizing a build with dealer now, and was just thinking about adding the wake view bench or not.

guessing with the pull up tabs, that seat comes up toward inside of boat  on hinges to access the inside?

and guessing you can remove the tray for more space or have a small soft cooler on the sides of the compartment under the seats?

Correct, under that tray is the vdrive and sea strainer access. A cooler won’t fit. The official cooler spot is under the seat behind the driver (if you order the hard cooler with your boat). 

26 minutes ago, weekender said:

The large side seats flip up and stay up toward the gunnels both sides and the smaller wake view seats flip up toward the rear. The trash can is behind the Igloo cooler on the driver side, but it isn't going to hold much unless you crush your cans/trash. The observer side storage compartment has a nice deep kind of trapezium shape pointy side down. The driver side storage deck is flat all the way back. The wake view bench will pull forward and stops with the back of the bench almost inline with the front of the side flip ups.

24 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

We are on the fence about this feature as well.  Leaning towards it.  Do you guys use the wake view bench more, less about the same than you expected?

Won't get a chance to try it for a month for a mid March delivery. My friends MOJO has it and it is convenient with a larger crew, but not exactly recliner comfortable. The same can probably be said for a Malibu, although I am digging the thicker padding on the '19 vice my '10 cushions. All things being equal, given the option of the wv bench or the side wv pull up seats, I personally think I would opt to sit on the side pull up wv seats so I could stretch out with my feet on the cushions. My wife wanted it for a resale feature and we are entertaining more than we used to so hopefully the expense will be justified.

We used that feature a lot on our 2018 LSV. Nice to be able to get the kids out of the direct sun. 

My only complains are 1) the bracket on the sides are an ankle biter 2) it makes it harder to change trans fluids.

Gary

• Like 2

I cannot speak for other models, but the new 25 LSV brackets are slimmer so that it is not an ankle biter.  I still did not bother to get it being an extra $2700 and all...I only used it occasionally on my Nautique.  It didn't seem to justify greater than 2% of the purchase price of the entire boat.  

I'd be curious to see a poll on this too since it may get a broader response than the regular TMC commenters.

I haven't ordered the wakeview bench on my 23s after talking to a bunch of folks that have them on a variety of brands that don't use them very often. I'm sure I would occasionally use it if I had it, but not enough for me to pay the upgrade $. 

My ‘19 23LSV is the first boat I ordered it on. I didn’t expect to like it but I got it for resale since I get asked about that option a lot when selling my past boats. I can see where some may like it. My wife likes it because her and her friends make a conversation pit out of it. We haven’t had it during riding season though. My opinion is that just from the10 hours I have on it already from running up and down the lake is that it’s a Pain in the butt. Even with the side wakeview seating, if the center is pulled out, you have to crawl over it and anyone sitting back there. Even getting in and out of the boat from the driver’s or observer’s seat, you’re crawling over the wakeview seating to get behind the tower to get out. The other thing is, like the side wakeview seating, it gets pulled up and left that way. I’m the one that has to put them back down. I doubt I’ll order it on my ‘20 unless the wife insists. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

My opinion is that just from the10 hours I have on it already from running up and down the lake is that it’s a Pain in the butt. Even with the side wakeview seating, if the center is pulled out, you have to crawl over it and anyone sitting back there.

I added the wakeview for resale only. Dont think I will use it much either. But one thing I have noticed on the 25 is you can always walk around it. Albeit on the seat but you dont have to step over it

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

I added the wakeview for resale only. Dont think I will use it much either. But one thing I have noticed on the 25 is you can always walk around it. Albeit on the seat but you dont have to step over it

I am curious because the 25 I saw at the boat show had the new Malibu engine. The back panel between the rear bench seat and the engine slides out to give you better access to the engine. The guy told me to do that you had to pull the bench all the way out to give you more room to get into the engine opening.. I wonder if you need to have the wakeview bench for the removable panel behind the rear seat?  Maybe I totally misunderstood him about the rear panel in general.  The easy removal of the rear panel behind the rear bench is an awesome idea but this boat had the wakeview bunch to be able to move out of the way.

When I took delivery. We moved the wakeview seat all the way forward. Then we removed the cover to access the v-drive. It allowed access to the entire v-drive area. I am not sure how it works without the wakeview seat. 

35 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

I am curious because the 25 I saw at the boat show had the new Malibu engine. The back panel between the rear bench seat and the engine slides out to give you better access to the engine. The guy told me to do that you had to pull the bench all the way out to give you more room to get into the engine opening.. I wonder if you need to have the wakeview bench for the removable panel behind the rear seat?  Maybe I totally misunderstood him about the rear panel in general.  The easy removal of the rear panel behind the rear bench is an awesome idea but this boat had the wakeview bunch to be able to move out of the way.

I should know by tomorrow night...hehehe.:clap:  I will let you know.  

• Like 2

I think I have possibly used mine once.. for the older style I would have done a delete when you flip it up it's kind of a hassle to get people in and out they have to step on an over the seats and then your cramped in and it kills the whole floor of the boat.. also first generation models simply rip the seat beads some genius didn't add a gap.. 

the new design with a table is intriguing for sure but I don't agree with raised cup holders that's just dumb it kills the table functionality..

And for $2,700 it should lay into a bed and that I would use all the time at sand bar.. 

unless you literally surf all the time and everybody wants to actually watch I think this is a spot you can save money unless you just want it or your buying a boat that it comes with.... 

I don't know how much the new folding seat back steps are but that would be a way better use of money four people stepping in and out of the boat and not having to remember to put a cushion there IMO

Edited by The Hulk
3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

don't know how much the new folding seat back steps are but that would be a way better use of money four people stepping in and out of the boat and not having to remember to put a cushion there IMO

They don’t offer the folding back seats. I wanted them

For it to get used it depends who is in the boat. Bunch of surf guys out who are all focused on the surfer it the seat of choice. Out with friends and family not as much as it cuts the boat into two sections and limits conversation.