Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zephyr Blue Metallic

rsutton1223

ahopkins22LSV

https://www.tommysofdetroit.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=6079902&p=1&s=Year&d=D&l=detroit&fr=xAllInventory

These pictures don't really do it justice. It is AWESOME in person. By far my second favorite color to Azure Blue. It is probably my wife's favorite color. We saw this T22 in person a week ago and even thought it was inside, it looks fantastic.

5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

https://www.tommysofdetroit.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=6079902&p=1&s=Year&d=D&l=detroit&fr=xAllInventory

These pictures don't really do it justice. It is AWESOME in person. By far my second favorite color to Azure Blue. It is probably my wife's favorite color. We saw this T22 in person a week ago and even thought it was inside, it looks fantastic.

It's really hard to even find pictures of it in general. I don't think a lot of people go with that color. 

ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, rsutton1223 said:

It's really hard to even find pictures of it in general. I don't think a lot of people go with that color. 

I think my dealer might be taking that T22 to the boat show starting this weekend. I’ll be there Sunday, if it’s there or any other Zephry blue flake I’ll get pictures of it. I know they ordered quite a few with it because our market loves the dark metallic so they are assuming they will love it too.

Malibu seemed to really push they azure blue flake and Zephyr has flown under the radar imo. It’s a great color. 

• Like 1
  • Like 3
22 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll stick with that color then!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

We orderred our 25LSV in Zephyr Blue Metallic with a Zephyr Hull -- We take delivery next week and will share some pics. Its currently at Active Water Sports.

The color is amazing in person, shifts between an indigo blue to black depending upon light and view angle.

16 hours ago, ibebruce said:

We orderred our 25LSV in Zephyr Blue Metallic with a Zephyr Hull -- We take delivery next week and will share some pics. Its currently at Active Water Sports.

The color is amazing in person, shifts between an indigo blue to black depending upon light and view angle.

Picking mine up next week.

IMG_1898-X3.jpg

6E49EC47-E6C1-4D7F-A777-C301BDF59875-X4.

79BC6BAA-969D-44B5-9454-C2A79A357D85-X4.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Would you guys mind publishing your Zephyr / metallic boat pix again, they are no longer visible. I am finalizing my order for a 23 LSV and would love to see your boats, thx!

Wow, beautiful- all metallic!

My dealer recommends avoiding metallic colours as they are more difficult to repair so I am checking out the non-metallic colours.

I am looking at sepia brown interior but hear it does not exist in cool-touch- does anybody have any feedback about this color without cool-touch?

1 hour ago, ducati997 said:

Wow, beautiful- all metallic!

My dealer recommends avoiding metallic colours as they are more difficult to repair so I am checking out the non-metallic colours.

I am looking at sepia brown interior but hear it does not exist in cool-touch- does anybody have any feedback about this color without cool-touch?

It exists in cool touch. It’s called cool saddle brown. I actually think it looks better than the sepia also as it’s more of a tan 

FWIW, the dealer is right about the metallic paint repair difficulty and cost.  Last year, I put a deep scratch in two of the metallic panels of my 22 MXZ.  We were pulling the boat out, on a day with a strong, port-side, wind.  Unbeknownst to me, my friend put the trailer in too deep, and the PVC rollers on the stanchions floated up.  I planned to run the port side rub rail against the stanchion, as I was pulling onto the trailer, and let the combination of the wind, and the stanchion center the boat on the trailer.  It worked well, but when I pulled out there were scratches through the paint, and into the white gelcoat underneath.  The top of the PVC roller had broken off, and the lower half dropped down, leaving no protection between the metal stanchion and the boat.   

A proper repair will require sanding, and repainting, the entire panels.  They can just fill the scratches, but there would be a floating effect.

That night, I removed the rubber cap on the PVC rollers so that they can't trap air and float anymore.  I also added foam roller covers.  I've tested it out, and there can still be some floating, but now I'm pretty conscientious of looking at trailer depth as I approach.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, SOcalSurfer said:

It exists in cool touch. It’s called cool saddle brown. I actually think it looks better than the sepia also as it’s more of a tan 

True. Saddle brown is much darker. I wish I could see all the Colors in reality before ordering!

4 hours ago, ducati997 said:

True. Saddle brown is much darker. I wish I could see all the Colors in reality before ordering!

Your dealer doesn't have fabric swatches? For this sort of coin, I would ask the factory to send you some.  A couple years back, Correct Craft sent me a whole bunch (was considering a Nautique).

• 1 year later...

That is a cool color.  Males it more interesting when the light has dramatic effect on color.  Can't wait to see my Nassau blue metallic on the water in about a month.

Edited by 4mc

Here is some perspective. Bright sunlight, low light and close up. Bonus feature, looks black until in the sunlight, two colors for the price of one. Always surprises people when they assume it is black and then the blue pops.

IMG_0579.jpg

Sittin Low.jpg

Transom View.jpg

25 minutes ago, 4mc said:

That is a cool color.  Males it more interesting when the light has dramatic effect on color.  Can't wait to see my Nassau blue metallic on the water in about a month.

Nassau Blue Metallic is beautiful in person. Saw an Axis, on my home lake, yesterday, mostly Nassau Blue Metallic. Very nice looking color! I went with Nassau Blue and Gunmetal Graphite Metallic on my 23LSV.

• Like 2

The Zephyr metallic is a great color. We tried to be careful with the sparkling colors because we see so many boats that are overdone, but it looks really sharp. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...