Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop for 2019 25lsv.

Sparky450

Guys couldn’t tell if this is in the right spot or if it should go in tech. I couldn’t find any prop threads under tech. 

@IXFE @Dfowkes @SteveOwhat prop are you guys running? The dealer put a 3077 on this thing. 30mph WFO is not going to cut it on the “Dirty D” at sea level. We do a lot of lunch/dinner/booze cruises🍾. I would like to see a 37-40 WFO speed. And 30 mph cruise. 

My understanding from friends that test drove the 25lsv with the M6 and 3077, was that top speed was in the upper 30s. I ordered the speed prop (2805) on mine but haven’t personally demoed either setup up. 

3 hours ago, G Spot said:

My understanding from friends that test drove the 25lsv with the M6 and 3077, was that top speed was in the upper 30s. I ordered the speed prop (2805) on mine but haven’t personally demoed either setup up. 

I did not run it over 5k rpm. and only there for a few seconds but at 5k rpm top speed was 30 mph.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, Sparky450 said:

The dealer is going to get me a 2805. Hopefully that does the trick 😃

When you said you needed more prop to gain speed I was a little concerned the boat would have a hard time surfing with all the ballast, people, and maybe some lead here or there. Especially when the surf rpm’s were 3200-3300 on previous demos. But we share the boat and prop combo, I was definitely going easy for break in purposes, but the hole shot was impressive.  A buddy was with me today on my first water experience with my new boat. He had driven my old boat numerous times and was calling me cheap skate for not getting the SC motor.  Even he said the combination of the new motor, transmission, and prop were extremely noticeable.  I think for the delta you will have no problem running the larger 2805 and gain the speed you need for getting around. I’m going to order the 2805 as a spare.