Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Recommendations M235

LucasC

Looking for recommendations . Our M235 has a spray date of 02/13/19 so not long now, We have it ordered with a standard prop , I am looking to get a spare but dont see the point in getting the same pitch .

Boat will be used at sea level and has the M6di engine . normally have a crew of around 8 , Wake makers list 3 props .  standard/surf/torque .  

what  prop would you recommend .   we will be surfing 70% . wake board 30%

Thanks 

ahopkins22LSV

Do you need to get a spare right away? I’d run the boat for a bit and see how you like the prop from the factory. If it’s perfect for what you do then just get a spare for that. I don’t see the reason to get a different prop for a spare just to be different. It won’t perform as you want if and when you need to use it then. If you want to tweak your rpms or whatever then get a prop for the tweak and keep the factory provides prop for a spare. 

7 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Do you need to get a spare right away? I’d run the boat for a bit and see how you like the prop from the factory. If it’s perfect for what you do then just get a spare for that. I don’t see the reason to get a different prop for a spare just to be different. It won’t perform as you want if and when you need to use it then. If you want to tweak your rpms or whatever then get a prop for the tweak and keep the factory provides prop for a spare. 

Thanks , Thats what our dealer has suggested , We just had an order going in to wakemakers and was trying to save  on shipping but looks like we will wait .

Thanks 

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, LucasC said:

Thanks , Thats what our dealer has suggested , We just had an order going in to wakemakers and was trying to save  on shipping but looks like we will wait .

Thanks 

Don’t they have free shipping over $99 anyway?

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Don’t they have free shipping over $99 anyway?

Not to England , shipping is $200 . Then we get hit with tax @30% , Hence why we were trying to tag it on an order .And  dont get me on gas prices you guys just wouldn't believe me .

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, LucasC said:

Not to England , shipping is $200 . Then we get hit with tax @30% , Hence why we were trying to tag it on an order .And  dont get me on gas prices you guys just wouldn't believe me .

:shocked: Ohhhhhh I didn’t realize you were in England, sorry lol. Maybe try to work a deal for the prop purchase with your dealer? I imagine they keep some in stock or order props from time to time. Maybe you can piggy back on one of their orders.