Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New video and pics shed light on GPH and engine noise...

IXFE

14 minutes ago, G Spot said:

Assume this is the inside joke...

🤣

85C17AFE-813C-47BB-A512-9469660312F8.jpeg

Hahaha!  I wondered who would find it first. 86.5db would be one loud dishwasher!  

What else did you find in that brochure??

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

I hear it’s much louder when you measure from within the dishwasher. :rofl:

They also appear to have confused “Mils” and “millimeters”. That’s some thick vinyl at nearly .7”.  Hope the QC of their boats is better than the QC of their promo materials. 

F7074BC4-C197-489A-A382-826D2DADAD4A.jpeg

Edited by G Spot
  • Like 2

So I was part of the one making these videos and driving the boat. Also the guy surfing at the end :rockon:After all the boardco videos were released we went testing to debunk that video. Just for kicks and giggles we bumped the speed up, put the wedge on vert, and drained the bow tank to see if we could get close to what boardco was claming. We never could get close to that high of GPH. I think the max we got was like 18-19GPH on the diacom and that was with the speed set up at 12.5. Kinda funny when you actually get on the water and do the test in real time. On a side note when our first new 25 with the M6di came in we did some of the same tests. The results were awesome. Never really put the time in to film a video as our season was coming to an end with winter but we were seeing anywhere from 8-10GPH. I think as time goes by and us and other dealers release videos and testing those old boardco videos will be a thing of the past.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, JoeMama said:

I love how he says only 14 GPH. 14 x$4 is $54 an hour. Lots of cash on gas. 

Id like to know how much just cruising at 30mph

To have an actual hour of surf time, I’d guess you’d be on the water 3-4 hours. It’s not like you are at surf speeds and ballast for one hour straight. 

27 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

To have an actual hour of surf time, I’d guess you’d be on the water 3-4 hours. It’s not like you are at surf speeds and ballast for one hour straight. 

Unless my wife is surfing....1 hour straight without falling is something she would do.  

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

We are often on the lake for about four hours and when we go in we've put on nearly 3.2 hours. I don't run at idle while changing riders either. We just spend a lot of time surfing. This has changed too with surfgate.  

ahopkins22LSV
16 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

We are often on the lake for about four hours and when we go in we've put on nearly 3.2 hours. I don't run at idle while changing riders either. We just spend a lot of time surfing. This has changed too with surfgate.  

You still aren’t at surf speed for that whole time even without letting the boat idle for changing riders. Anyway, there is a spread to any data set and I’d say you are probably on the high side of efficiency for actual surf time on the water but I also haven’t conducted a study. I was just trying to point out that you won’t be burning 14gph the whole time you are out there. 

• Like 2
On 2/7/2019 at 4:40 PM, IXFE said:

GI feel like I might need to put my flame suit on, but here goes...

So the SLC show is going down and look what my buddy just sent me 

It seems Taylor’s Boats has done some testing of their own. 24 MXZ 13-14 GPH while surfing fully loaded with wedge (I ignored the first test w/out wedge). Boardco claimed 24-28 GPH, literally DOUBLE.

Note 1:  This video is actually a 2018 24 MXZ meaning it’s the Ford Roush 6.2L 575 engine. The 2019’s are supposedly much quieter and more fuel efficient.  

Note 2: Surfband is apparently factory approved to wear on your ankle!  #gamechangedagain :frantic:

The pics below (taken at the SLC show) demonstrate decibel ratings on the 2019 GM powered Malibu’s. The dishwasher comparison made me chuckle... 

78409478-4D7D-473E-9277-42627BBF1431.jpeg

9B7CDA9F-DC36-45BD-B2A1-3B1A4EC8E617.jpeg

Where are these measurements taken? On the sun deck, back seat, in the compartment?

The H6(prolly very similar to the M6di version) is efficient. On my boat I logged 40 gal for the first 10 hrs. of its life. Combo of surfing and picking up riders, and boat rides. I was impressed.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, G Spot said:

I hear it’s much louder when you measure from within the dishwasher. :rofl:

They also appear to have confused “Mils” and “millimeters”. That’s some thick vinyl at nearly .7”.  Hope the QC of their boats is better than the QC of their promo materials. 

F7074BC4-C197-489A-A382-826D2DADAD4A.jpeg

Should probably understand what “Mils” actually means before you pop off smart guy .

Mils is a unit of measurement ... IE:  1 mil equals .001” .... so total vinyl thickness is .017” thick . That’s about double what everyone else uses and something you can actually feel if you are in the boat . 

498C3935-65B5-4EFD-B364-A7CC49F5D575.jpeg