Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MBUU by the numbers

IXFE

So what is everyones predictions on MBUU tomorrow now that its public the factory is shut down? I just checked post market and it looks like they have a bid at $12.59. Im thinking they could see a huge dip tomorrow. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Tjards said:

So what is everyones predictions on MBUU tomorrow now that its public the factory is shut down? I just checked post market and it looks like they have a bid at $12.59. Im thinking they could see a huge dip tomorrow. Thoughts?

The factory shutdown was announced yesterday, so it's not news to the market anymore. Boats and recreational vehicle stocks were hit hard very early on, a week or so before the broader market since those are the first things to shut off in a downturn.

I doubt it's bottomed yet but it will be interesting to watch over the next few months. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Makes me wonder how low it has to go before someone looks at a takeover.

Look at their financials and see what the cash on hand looks like.  Besides, who would take them over?

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Look at their financials and see what the cash on hand looks like.  Besides, who would take them over?

$5M as often last quarter (see what I posted prior page) 

It’s Book value is 10.99 a share. I can see this stock going lower. For example, Exxon Mobil’s stock price is below book value right now. In the bigger picture, are we going to quite buying gas and diesel? No. Are we gonna quit buying 100k plus toys? Probably yes for a while.

Edited by surfdude
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Look at Aramco  - opened at 35 now at 32

i think the Saudi’s will regret this war,  but in the short run no way Russia can do their maintenance at this price 

the prince probably will lose his only ally, us because they made more and we made more per barrel ,  trump will go after this when pandemic is flattened ,  these were high paying jobs,  $53-65 is the sweet spot for exploration and production,  only existing fracking with pipelines already built can survive at these prices( transportation makes it not economical when $23-25/barrel)  we need more sweet crude refineries with field pipelines straight to refinery and when it goes up those issues need to be fixed 

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

https://boattest.com/article/boat-buying-frenzy

This makes sense in what we have been seeing as a fury of activity in our region.  I bet our dealer in 30-45 days may be out of BU's to sell...

That’s exactly what’s happening around here too. I don’t think the factory will let dealers run out of boats to sell, but it’s going to be really tough to find a 2020 with decent colors and options in later July/August.

How about them 2021’s though!

• Like 1

I was at Boulder in Mesa the other day.  They're almost completely out of Malibus.  All they have available for new Malibus right now at that location is a 21 MLX and 21 LSV.  There was a 25 LSV on the floor but it looks like that's pending on the website.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Pricing will increase more than normal ..supply and demand.

Depends...

Malibu already passed thru the 2021 pricing and the increases were modest, to say the least. Less than in years passed, and this was at the height of the craziness  

Dealers, on the other hand, may be less willing to deal until their lots and showrooms are full again. 

Local pricing on orders for 2021 delivery seems to be still on par with years past, in terms of percent discount from MSRP, despite empty lots. 

Historically, the best pricing has been found between Oct and Feb in my area. If there are production delays, due to supply chain or factory issues, it is possible that we won't see that winter dip this year. 

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Depends...

Malibu already passed thru the 2021 pricing and the increases were modest, to say the least. Less than in years passed, and this was at the height of the craziness  

Dealers, on the other hand, may be less willing to deal until their lots and showrooms are full again. 

Agree probably less deals from dealers.. unless its a centurion Ri265 color combo? Haha 🤣