Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfer Recommendations

eubanks

Ok, what are you guys riding this year?  I'm mostly a wakeboarder, but between my aging body and finally getting a boat with a good surf wake, I am pumped to spend more time on a surfboard this year.  I've got a '16 Ronix Koal Thruster.  It was so far and away better than the old Hyperlite Broadcast we had, but I'm looking to take another step up this year.  Any recommendations on both brand and size? 

I've heard good things about the Soulcrafts, Phase Five, and Doomswell boards.  I am 6' and 185lbs and want a surf style board preferably with a blunt nose that I could ride revert.  I want to learn spins and airs and don't care much about skim tricks at this point.  Thanks!

Edited by eubanks

They’re all good boards. If you want surf style soulcraft or Kanuk are the best out there. Riding revert is way harder to do on a true surf style, like really hard. You will probably want a 5’7. Once you start getting airs everything will change. 

I went with the Doomswell Neo 4' 6" this year to learn spins and get air.

I got the Doomswell El Jefe 5'6 for my larger friends, and it looks like fun for trying to paddle into the wave on.

• 4 weeks later...