Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Underwater lights

Cboom12

I’m looking to add transom lights to my 18 a24. Seems the shadow casters are the most popular, but at $800 a light I think I’m out on those unless I go single color. Is the 10 inch light  necessary? What are the factory lights? Any idea on price of the factory ones? Pics appreciated as well. 

I have had the Shadow Casters. I haven't seen anything that compares to them. There are factory lights on Greatlakesskipper.com sometimes. You'll just have to look over there on that site. The factory lites IMO, are mounted in the wrong location. The wedge blocks a lot of the light.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I have had the Shadow Casters. I haven't seen anything that compares to them. There are factory lights on Greatlakesskipper.com sometimes. You'll just have to look over there on that site. The factory lites IMO, are mounted in the wrong location. The wedge blocks a lot of the light.

Now I need to remember to deploy wedge when we are chillin' at night.  :-)

46 minutes ago, Cboom12 said:

but at $800 a light

They offer more models then what ever $800 light you are looking at. So are you specifically looking for RGB? 

I will say though, less expensive lights either drop in build quality or light output, or both. 

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Are the factory lights adequately bright? They are $500 a set on bakes. Which SC lights do u have? I’ve been looking at the scm-cc or scm-10. Would the next smaller SC light be enough?

23 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

How do I measure if the smaller light is enough for you? 

Valid question. I guess a better question is would the factory lights do a good job if mounted in a better spot. I really just want the sc, but they are pretty expensive so I need to justify it to myself lol. 

Edited by Cboom12
ahopkins22LSV
26 minutes ago, Cboom12 said:

Are the factory lights adequately bright? They are $500 a set on bakes. Which SC lights do u have? I’ve been looking at the scm-cc or scm-10. Would the next smaller SC light be enough?

Factory lights on our vtx. Imo they are pretty good. Our water is so so as well. I do agree they would be better it mounted outside of the wedge but still pretty good. 

D5B04830-95DE-4D15-9807-4DE135E46991.jpeg

023F9D14-803B-4DBA-8471-3232046D25B7.jpeg

Anyone have experience with this underwater light?  https://www.boatpluglight.com/collections/transom-mounted-led-lights/products/the-titan-2-drain-flange-light-16-000-lumens

I like the idea of not having to drill holes.  This one is 16000 lumens and can be ordered in several colors including an RGB color changing version.  Do they hold up well?  

• 11 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, SlingShot said:

Anyone have experience with this underwater light?  https://www.boatpluglight.com/collections/transom-mounted-led-lights/products/the-titan-2-drain-flange-light-16-000-lumens

I like the idea of not having to drill holes.  This one is 16000 lumens and can be ordered in several colors including an RGB color changing version.  Do they hold up well?  

I had the Diablo from that site which I believe was a 3 tiered light with a drain on my old boat.  None of those on that site look the same though, but I'm sure they just re-designed the Diablo.  It was really bright and the price was great for what you get. 

I'm about to pull the trigger in a week or so on two LifeForm 9's and removing my OEM lights

16 hours ago, Skymedic said:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0WSs5_s2oZxOaTIUAw1sDluvg

these are the ones I have on my boat and they are super bright under the water. We love them. 

I'm assuming those are the competitors to the LifeForm 9's.  I'll look into those too.  Thanks for sharing

• 1 month later...

@Ronnie did you need to use relays on the shadowcasters? 

I want to add underwater lights to our 2019, but want to just plug into the factory wiring and be done.

Also anyone know the model light currently being used by Malibu? I know for 2019 it was attwood,  but not sure which model.

2 hours ago, asnowman said:

I want to add underwater lights to our 2019, but want to just plug into the factory wiring and be done.

Also anyone know the model light currently being used by Malibu? I know for 2019 it was attwood,  but not sure which model.

No relays. 

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, asnowman said:

I’d ask your dealer what the 2020 model is. They are way brighter! I’ll look on mine to see if there is a number stamped on it.

ahopkins22LSV

@asnowman, sorry for the delay. Weather has sucked, and still does, but I needed a break from working from home...

No model number on the lights, but I believe they are some form of the 12 LED light they offer. I can't find the exact model online.

Here is a picture of mine.

I also snagged this other picture off of IG a bit ago. This water looks terrible and the lights look great.

IMG_1452.thumb.jpg.32cdbac77948995635d2e02c5c33b30a.jpg

IMG_0624.PNG